Version 4.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Version 4.1

We have recently upgraded from version 3.5 to 4.1 and are experiancing a few teething problems, the main issue at the moment is when we open a program or set a program running in DCC all the Program window and Graphics window disapears...??

This is intermittant and sometimes it opens up correct, we have found a way of getting round it by going to toolbars - windows layout and then it comes back but we do not want to do this everytime..

Has anyone experianced this problem?
    Hope you can help...

Thanks

Attached Files

Go through and answer your input comments. Once the program begins to run on its go to the area of your pull down menus(view) and choose the items you wish to see during execution. I have the report window minimized during the running of the program and nothing else.

As for your not seeing anything upon opening the software, create window layouts.
    sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

We have created our window layout as we wish to have it and saved the window layout... however the problem still continues. if you right click on the bar at the top when it is like that and open the windows layout toolbar click the window layout we created it goes to the correct view but this is something we do now wish to do each time..

Someone suggested it could be a network problem but we did some tests and this did not mae any differance.

Is this just an intermittent bug?

Comment

Originally posted by JamesMannes View Post
        Go through and answer your input comments. Once the program begins to run on its own go to the area of your pull down menus(view) and choose the items you wish to see during execution. I have the report window minimized during the running of the program and nothing else.

As for your not seeing anything upon opening the software, create window layouts.
        Have you tried the solution I highlighted above in red?
        sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

Yeah it works fine during execution that bit helped...

The only issue now is when opening programs

Comment

Try this open the program, go get your window layouts toolbar, click on the window layout that you have created, now the screen should look like you want it to when opening the program right? Ok, from here close save the program, close the program, close out PC-DMIS. Re-open PC-DMIS and now the program you just closed out of. Anything better? If not, keep posting someone will help figure this out.
            sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

Just to add insult to injury - I have the same problem all the time when ever PC-DMIS encounters an error and needs to close or something like that. Any kind of forced shut down of the software results this. When I reopen PC-Dmis, all I see is the CAD view.

I have to go into the tool bar and view window layouts, where I've saved my normal screen view. Then I also have to reset all my edit window layout preferences or my printout reports contain lines and lines of code.

All this and other fun things... and I'm still running 3.7 MR2. Something you'd hope they'd have fixed by 4.1!!!
              sigpic

"The Dude Abides..."

John R. Sacheli

Comment

Linear Scans?

Hey, Reluser, do you have programs written in 3.5 that have linear scans? Have you tried to run them with 4.1? You might try that before getting committed to 4.1. It wouldn't run my old linear scans, and we have hundreds of old programs with scans.

Comment

Yeah we had that problem also... luckaly we do not use a great deal of scans so a limited amount need updating even though it is just a case of going into the scan and regenarate it it is a pain but not too bad to do.

Go through and answer your input comments. Once the program begins to run on its go to the area of your pull down menus(view) and choose the items you wish to see during execution. I have the report window minimized during the running of the program and nothing else.

Still having problems with this...

Comment

Still not managed to fix this issue... its getting to be a pain now as you can imagin....

Comment

I finally gave up 4.1 with all kinds of issues like this. I would recommend going to 3.7Mr3...
                      sigpic
                      Xcel 15-20-10 - PFXcel 7-6-5 - Merlin 11-11-7 - Romer Absolute 7525SI
                      PCDMIS 2012
                      Windows Office XP

Comment

the only problem with that is once programs are opened in 4.1 you cannot open them in any older versions unless anyone knows of how to do this?

To be honest there are some good features in 4.1 that i would miss if i went back but there comes a time if problems persist that it will be done....

Comment

Originally posted by Reluser View Post
                          the only problem with that is once programs are opened in 4.1 you cannot open them in any older versions unless anyone knows of how to do this?

To be honest there are some good features in 4.1 that i would miss if i went back but there comes a time if problems persist that it will be done....
                          FYI, On all versions you have the option to save backwards to an older version. You do this through the "save as" function. The last pulldown menu allows for the converting to an older program version.
                          sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j2...boat72/1-1.jpg

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j2...erboat72/2.jpg
                            sigpic
                            Xcel 15-20-10 - PFXcel 7-6-5 - Merlin 11-11-7 - Romer Absolute 7525SI
                            PCDMIS 2012
                            Windows Office XP

Comment

I have had the same problem with 4.1 in addition to while in the middle of programming the software just decides it's going to close and POOF it's gone ! I have had it where I would be working going back and forth between the report, edit and graphics screen and I even had to shut it down and re-open just so that I would have the screens back. I think that's the last time I upgrade to the latest version. Lessons learned.
                              DEA MISTRAL
                              PC DMIS CAD++
                              Version 2013
                              Windows 7 64bit
                              DataPage+ 2011 MR1

Comment