Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probe help(asap)

Hello,
    I'm trying to qualify my probes for a program i have ran in the past.(4x70x140ext) Probe picks up A0B0 then A90B90,A90B-90 BUT when it get to A90B180 or A90B0 it hits the ball low and stalls out on top.

THINGS I HAVE ALREADY TRIED.
    1) told machine i moved tooling ball(picked up tooling ball again)
    2)shut down intire system(re homed)
    3)deleted probe file(re-named and built new probe)

I just used probe on last program, and it worked fine.

using 3.7MR3 WITH PH10MQ HEAD

Dcc/dcc

When calibrating probes, there are several choices. Thse include Manual, MAN/DCC, DCC/DCC and just DCC.

Without getting into too much detail right now, I suspect you are using straight DCC. Try DCC/DCC instead. This is no joke. It means that it will sample the sphere with several hits prior to measuring it with the actual hits, for each wrist angle involved.

Comment

THANKS FOR THE INFO, WORKED WELL! I still wish i knew what the H--- was going on

THANKS

Comment

Consider this

No problem, Freddy, glad to help.

Is it possible that the tip got bent slightly since it was last used? Or that the wrist mount got turned slightly? There are a few things it could be, we may never know. . .

Comment

Another work around for this is to open up your prehit and retract for the qual sphere. I have to do this at times when I have LONG extensions because my head isn't perfectly square to the machine. DCC-DCC works too, but I find that it takes quite a bit longer per wrist angle when running in that mode.

Bill

Comment

Just make sure that you're not shanking out when opening up your prehit/retract. You should get form/diameter errors if it does.
            sigpic
            Xcel 15-20-10 - PFXcel 7-6-5 - Merlin 11-11-7 - Romer Absolute 7525SI
            PCDMIS 2012
            Windows Office XP

Comment

Originally posted by Don Ruggieri View Post
              Without getting into too much detail right now, I suspect you are using straight DCC. Try DCC/DCC instead. This is no joke. It means that it will sample the sphere with several hits prior to measuring it with the actual hits, for each wrist angle involved.
              I use this when running our tip calibration program. It takes a little longer but eliminates what you're experincing.
              Xcel & MicroVal Pfx & Global 37mr4 thru 2012mr1sp3
              Contura Calypso 5.4

Lord, keep Your arm around my shoulder and Your hand over my mouth. Amen.

Comment