Programming with Die Pull degree callouts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Programming with Die Pull degree callouts

I have been trying to write a program for a part and have noticed that my part print nominals aren't matching up with my CAD nominal. After looking closely at the part print, I noticed a direction arrow and a die pull arrow with a degree called out. This occurs in two separate locations on the print. How do I acclimate the part in PC-DMIS according to this callout?
    Attached Files

I've never heard of, or seen, this callout. What is it for?
    "This is my word... and as such is beyond contestation."

Comment

This is for an injection molding part.

Comment

the Cad should have included the draft... if not, you just going to have to measure the draft manually
        B&S One
        PC-DMIS CAD v2014

Romer Infinity

Comment

So this should be already accounted for in the CAD? How would I check or change the draft manually?

Comment

Normally, at least that is how I;ve seen it, engineers include the draft in their CAD models. If you do not have the draft, you have to change the workplane, and measure as 2 lines to get the Angle. Or, you may measure as Planes, then get the Angle. Then visually make sure the draft is in the correct direction.

If you are given intersection points, you would also have to intersect either line or planes to get them.

Foe some reason I cant see your sketch well, it small. Not sure how to fix this.
            Last edited by WolfMan; 07-20-2016, 11:33 AM.
            B&S One
            PC-DMIS CAD v2014

Romer Infinity

Comment

This is another example.
              Attached Files

Comment

1 degree of draft is .017 per unit of measurement. that's .017" if your unit is an inch and .017mm if your unit is a millimeter. The sine of the draft angle times the length will give you how much to add or subtract for your draft.

(yes .017 is an approximation but it's close enough)

Mike.
                You can never tell exactly how deep a mud puddle is without getting your feet wet -- Dennis the Menice

Comment

Where exactly do you input these adjustments? I apologize but I'm still trying to understand how to incorporate your information.

Comment

you just measure the two walls, if its a plane. then dim the Angle
                    B&S One
                    PC-DMIS CAD v2014

Romer Infinity

Comment

Here are the 2 that are on the print, the third image is looking at the CAD, notice the nominal circle is projected off from the CAD. I'm wondering if this is why?
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by mbpgi; 07-20-2016, 04:37 PM.

Comment

My understanding of moulds is that Die Pull is not a feature of the part but the direction that the various mould pieces move to allow release of the component, therefore this is not the cause of the problem and you cannot measure or report it.

Comment