Vb Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vb Question

I've never worked with visual basics so I might be asking alot here; if so just tell me.
    What I have is a program that we use to tell the setup person on the shop floor at another one of our plants the moves to make to zero in the part. I've used assignments to tell me which way to have him move the machine and placed these assignments directly under the output. Now I've created a excel sheet and want to have PC-DMIS enter these numbers directly into that sheet. The sheet has 4 parts on it; one for cav. 1 right hand fixture, one for cav. 1 left hand fixture, one for cav. 2 right hand fixture, and one for cav. 2 left hand fixture. I now want to place the moves directly into this excl sheet so I can e-mail it visual aid to him.
    Last edited by Tested; 02-27-2007, 07:44 AM.

Could you put them in a generic feature and report those?
    sigpic
    if you had soap on a rope it would be tied to yer ankle

Comment

yep

Originally posted by T Miller View Post
      Could you put them in a generic feature and report those?
      I can do that is that where I should start?

Comment

I myself don't know of another way. I'm sure there is but I'm clueless
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tested View Post
          I've never worked with visual basics so I might be asking alot here; if so just tell me.
          [ATTACH]1087[/ATTACH]

That is a lot to ask, but if you will invest some time, we'll be glad to get you through it.

To start with, you should try one of the examples that are available. One of them comes with PC-DMIS in the form of a wizard, and the code is availble at no charge as well. Try it, see if you can get it ti work, and then we can start to modify it to suit your needs.

There is also one floating around on this forum somewhere that does the same thing. They output your entire program results to a spreadsheet. We can modify one of them to only post out what you need.

Finally, when we are ready to start, we'll need to see a copy of your program so we can determine what to send to Excel and when.

Comment

Originally posted by T Miller View Post
            I myself don't know of another way. I'm sure there is but I'm clueless
            Where would I go from there? To enter them into the excel sheet?

Comment

Just use the location option. It should export to excel. Do you use any of the excel scripts now? That may be what Don is talking about.
              sigpic

Comment

Ahh sorry I see your useing 4.1 that has the excel stuff built in? I use 3.5 and use the macro's from the wilcox site.
                sigpic

Comment

I have a working excel sheet for versions 4.0 and up that extracts the data from PCD. It was designed to retrieve inspection data for multiple parts but you're welcome to it if you think it will help you.

t.
                  Global Image 555
                  PH10M-TP200
                  PC-DMIS Cad ++
                  Win7 64 bit
                  V2014.1

Comment

Originally posted by dtmtim View Post
                    I have a working excel sheet for versions 4.0 and up that extracts the data from PCD. It was designed to retrieve inspection data for multiple parts but you're welcome to it if you think it will help you.

t.
                    Please if you could, I would very much like to try it.

Comment

Please if you could, I would very much like to try it.
                      PM me your e-mail address and I'll send it right over.

t.
                      Global Image 555
                      PH10M-TP200
                      PC-DMIS Cad ++
                      Win7 64 bit
                      V2014.1

Comment

We do this all the time in one of machine cells.

I got most of my help here and this what we are doing.

I assign variables to the deviations then create a generic feature. This gets put into a text file which the operators use for their offsets.

One of our CNC programmers created a program to run on the lathes that will pull the data with his "feature labels" and the CNC then inputs the correct offsets. It eliminated all of the operator mistakes when inputting offsets.
                        Xcel & MicroVal Pfx & Global 37mr4 thru 2012mr1sp3
                        Contura Calypso 5.4

Lord, keep Your arm around my shoulder and Your hand over my mouth. Amen.

Comment

Thanks Tim it looks like I can rework it to work just as planed. I glad it's not as bad as some made it sound.
                          Thanks again.

Comment

Thanks Tim it looks like I can rework it to work just as planed. I glad it's not as bad as some made it sound.
                            Thanks again.
                            You're welcome - it took me a while to get it working so I'm glad to see others getting some use out of it.

t.
                            Global Image 555
                            PH10M-TP200
                            PC-DMIS Cad ++
                            Win7 64 bit
                            V2014.1

Comment

Originally posted by dtmtim View Post
                              You're welcome - it took me a while to get it working so I'm glad to see others getting some use out of it.

t.
                              Looks like you did a very good job.

Comment