Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X Home position off 2.00

X Home position off 2.00
    I hve restarted everything many times. cleaned the X axis scale many times.
    still off just a little bit over 2.X +DIR inches. it is a Global Status 7-7-7. pcdmis3.7mr3
    does any one know what esablishes the zero point ? Or anthing else that might solve this problem.
    TIA
    Marty
    Last edited by Marty Schwab; 02-19-2007, 08:39 AM.
    Global Status 777 PC-DMIS 2014
    Windows 7
    ever stop to think and forget to start again?

Are you saying it's home position has moved 2 inches since last time? If so it may be a hardware issue if you are not getting an error. Perhaps the switch, which I believe is similar to a proximity switch. There are (likely) 2 switches that have two plastic looking bosses or tangs sticking out of it. One is the home and the other a limit switch. Then on the movable part of the axis there is a piece of sheetmetal that moves between those two plastic bosses that stick out. That piece of sheetmetal triggers the switch. It might be possible that it is skewed and it is not triggering it until it is almost limited out.
    <internet bumper sticker goes here>

Comment

yes machine home postion has changed. it has to be hardwhare issue. how about a better detail of where the proximity switch's are located?
      Windows 7

Comment

Look for something that has two identical switches and a piece that matches up to them while in the home position. The switch can be on either a stationary or a moveable portion of the axis. What you'll look for is a switch and a piece that matches up with the switch to trigger it. Your's may not be the same but here is a picture of mine on one of our Micro Excels. Notice the two tangs, these switches are on my Y axis on the moveable portion. The sheetmetal piece is stationary. The switch triggers when it sees the stationary piece of sheetmetal. Like I said yours could be different but this might give you something to go by. That piece of sheet metal can get loose and become skewed causing your home position to move because it is triggering late. You can get a little bit more travel out of a mchine by altering this. I'm not condoning it but if you know what you are doing............

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g2...r_ny/Limit.jpg
        <internet bumper sticker goes here>

Comment

seams to be working now just un shure what is going on i seen the poc switch their is only one for each axis. and about a 2 in piece of sheet metal that it detects.time to put the covers back on and get to work.I have been messing with it since 5am this morning.
          Windows 7

Comment

Hmmmm, 2" piece of sheet metal, off by 2".

Sounds like it 'missed' the start of the piece and only 'saw' the end of it. Mine is the same way, when the piece of metal enters, the controller pickes it up and starts looking for the end, then when the end passes the magnet, it reads that it is gone and sets the home.
            sigpic
            Originally posted by AndersI
            I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment