Unigraphics to .DRAW ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unigraphics to .DRAW ????

I have a large plate bolted to my CMM with all our hole and bushings in it. It is a .prt file created in Unigraphics. I want to include this with the CMM model which is a .DRAW file. What do I need to do to get this to translate to a .draw model. Unigraphics doesn't have a translator to .draw and just renaming the extension from .prt, igs, or .x_t to .draw doesn't work either. Any suggestions on how I can get this done without buying some sort of software that recognizes .draw files?
    sigpic

B&S ADVANTAGE 12-22-10, EXCEL 9-15-9, ETC.
    PCDMIS 4.1, 3.5mr2,

Originally posted by VONDY View Post
    I have a large plate bolted to my CMM with all our hole and bushings in it. It is a .prt file created in Unigraphics. I want to include this with the CMM model which is a .DRAW file. What do I need to do to get this to translate to a .draw model. Unigraphics doesn't have a translator to .draw and just renaming the extension from .prt, igs, or .x_t to .draw doesn't work either. Any suggestions on how I can get this done without buying some sort of software that recognizes .draw files?
    I am not familiar with .draw files. Can you try exporting the UG file as iges and than merge it to the .draw in pcdmis?

Roberto.
    sigpicIt's corona time!
    737 Xcel Cad++ v2009MR1....SE HABLA ESPAƑOL

Comment

UG to DRAW file conversion?

Originally posted by VONDY View Post
      I have a large plate bolted to my CMM with all our hole and bushings in it. It is a .prt file created in Unigraphics. I want to include this with the CMM model which is a .DRAW file. What do I need to do to get this to translate to a .draw model.

To start with, you need to import the UG file into PC-DMIS Do you have the UG translator option? If not, convert it from UG into IGES, post it in, and see if it all came through ok.

Next, get out of PC-DMIS, and you'll have a PRG and a CAD file. Just rename the CAD file to the DRAW extension.

You might have to experiment with the coordiante systems to get them related to each other properly (CMM, CAD file, etc.) but that is generally the process.

Comment