Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Step Model

Hello you lovely people.
    I have imported a Step file cad model into my program but there are parts of the model missing, is there any way i can regenerate the model? i have used the same model in other programs and all the surfaces were there that time.

PC-DMIS is not capable of that. Someone with access to CAD software can try saving it as a different version of STP, or saving with different settings, or try saving as IGS.

PC-DMIS just sucks with translating CAD sometimes.
    "This is my word... and as such is beyond contestation."

Comment

Vinni is correct, happens a lot to me. I get a STEP file and it will be screwed up then I'll ask for an IGES, or I get an IGES and it will be screwed up, then they will send me a STEP. Welcome to the world of "DOH!!"
      (In Memory of my Loving wife, "Ronda" who I lost March 7, 2016. I love you baby.)
      They say "Nobody's Perfect." I must be Nobody.

Comment

Thanks for that, its just strange that i have used the same model in other programs without any problems. I got round it by using one of the other programs and deleting everything but the model and working from there.
        Thanks again for your help

Comment

Unfortunately, no matter how perfect the model is in other software, there is no guarantee that it will work in PC-DMIS. Different versions will even bring the CAD in differently.
          "This is my word... and as such is beyond contestation."

Comment

If you have an old program with the same model, you can import the ".CAD" model from the old program.

Comment

This problem only started after updating from PC Dmis V 2015.0 to 2015.1

Comment

Don't know if this is the problem, but check that all parts is checked in cad....... see picture.
                Attached Files

Comment