Latest XP updates...Anyone have trouble after installing them

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest XP updates...Anyone have trouble after installing them

I recently was forced to update my PC with the latest Microsoft Security Updates that were released yesterday, because of an automated update setup by the I.T. department.

I now have multiple issues with pcdmis retaining/saving the window size, placement or anything related to my user profile. I deleted them all under my user subfolder and re-created my window layout as well as a custom toolbar. I then saved the program and closed/exit pcdmis. When I restart pcdmis and open the prog it doesn't represent the previously saved config. And when clicking on the window layout button that was just created it gives me a different config than what I saved.

Anyone else install the latest updates from the MS windows update?

Any suggestions welcome.......

This is currently a major hassle because new or existing programs open with these corrupted layouts that require alot of manipulation to get them back to a useable condition.

ver3.5mr2
    Last edited by Mike N.; 02-15-2007, 02:21 PM. Reason: forgot version
    sigpiccall me "Plum Crazy"....but you only go around once!

Originally posted by Mike N. View Post
    I recently was forced to update my PC with the latest Microsoft Security Updates that were released yesterday, because of an automated update setup by the I.T. department.

I now have multiple issues with pcdmis retaining/saving the window size, placement or anything related to my user profile. I deleted them all under my user subfolder and re-created my window layout as well as a custom toolbar. I then saved the program and closed/exit pcdmis. When I restart pcdmis and open the prog it doesn't represent the previously saved config. And when clicking on the window layout button that was just created it gives me a different config than what I saved.

Anyone else install the latest updates from the MS windows update?

Any suggestions welcome.......

This is currently a major hassle because new or existing programs open with these corrupted layouts that require alot of manipulation to get them back to a useable condition.

ver3.5mr2

Have you threatened you I.T. department with bodily violence?
    sigpic"Hated by Many, Loved by Few" _ A.B. - Stone brewery

Comment

Originally posted by Wes Cisco View Post

Have you threatened you I.T. department with bodily violence?
      I could rant heavily here but that wouldn't do me any good. Trust me I did vocally use necessary *&^%'s where applicable.

I just don't understand why the deleted and recreated files in my login profile within pcdmis isn't "sticking" when the prog's are saved and re-opened.

Comment

It seems that there are issues with ie7, did that get installed?
        Links to my utilities for PCDMIS

Comment

Originally posted by cmmguy View Post
          It seems that there are issues with ie7, did that get installed?
          Thanks, but no that wasn't one of the installed items.....I.T. doesn't like IE7 enough yet to allow it to install.

Comment

Issue appears to be resolved

Solution: I deleted the contents of my profile folder within pcdmis directory and recreated my toolbars and window positions/sizes, then saved a new window layout icon, then hit "default" in setup options F5 and that seems to have fixed the not sticking issue after exiting pcdmis.

Once again it was the step of clicking DEFAULT in setup options F5 to make the custom settings stick

Comment

I don't know about the newer versions of PCDMIS but I know that IE7 does not play well with Unigraphics NX3. It would not work at all until I removed the update to internet explorer using system restore and remove program.

Comment

WIn updates

I had 11 windows XP updates installed this morning (auto Updates) and at the end there was a screen that informed me of this and automatic restart had happend. Well pcdmis ver 3.5mr2 didn't like it. My programs all started in funny looking screen and tool bar wouldn't change to my custom one.
                Reboot didn't help.
                Last edited by Randy P; 02-19-2007, 11:36 AM.

Comment

fudge.....

Well not as easy as it sounds. I get it so the graphics screen looks good,my tool bar saved all is good until I reboot then it seems like the graphics window or my toolbar covers the screen. I see a couple of vertical lines which seem to be the toolbar or graphics window, a light brown color. I can double click on them and somtimes a window labled graphics comes up. I can delete that screen with a X in upr rh corner. then the toolbar is large.
                  If I refresh my tool bar right back to the brown screen.
                  Tomorrow i will continue the battle.

Comment

Originally posted by Ceeph View Post
                    I don't know about the newer versions of PCDMIS but I know that IE7 does not play well with Unigraphics NX3. It would not work at all until I removed the update to internet explorer using system restore and remove program.
                    To solve the problem with NX3 (or 4) and IE7 installed, simply delete or rename the psapi.dll file from the %UGII_BASE_DIR%/UGII

Comment

I found out this morning after having to shut down the PC completely that this problem isn't completely solved. I too have a light brown "graphics widow covering the entire working area, less the toolbars. Upon dbl clicking on it it minimizes and shows its name "graphics window" in the top bar. Then I just clicked on the X to close it and all is fine.

The question is why/how is this happening??
                      Come on you guys using 3.5mr2.......don't any of you install windows updates?

I contacted Tech sup and they are "looking into it" at this point

Comment

What I Found

Mike what I found.
                        1) you can't use a seperator in the toolbars go back in and remove seperators this is causing the brown screen. After doing that just default everything again.
                        2) Like you said F5 and go thru each menu and hit default in every option you see.
                        This fixed my problem I shutdown pc everynight.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike N. View Post
                          I found out this morning after having to shut down the PC completely that this problem isn't completely solved. I too have a light brown "graphics widow covering the entire working area, less the toolbars. Upon dbl clicking on it it minimizes and shows its name "graphics window" in the top bar. Then I just clicked on the X to close it and all is fine.

The question is why/how is this happening??
                          Come on you guys using 3.5mr2.......don't any of you install windows updates?

I contacted Tech sup and they are "looking into it" at this point

I have no choice updating. Mine just did the exact same thing. I have no idea how i fixed it, but its working ok again.
                          sigpic.....Its called golf because all the other 4 letter words were taken

Comment

Originally posted by Randy P View Post
                            Mike what I found.
                            1) you can't use a seperator in the toolbars go back in and remove seperators this is causing the brown screen. After doing that just default everything again.
                            2) Like you said F5 and go thru each menu and hit default in every option you see.
                            This fixed my problem I shutdown pc everynight.

I have NO seperators in ANY toolbars......either custom ones or standard ones

now what?

Comment

try try again

It took me several times to get it to stick. Just keep trying. I deleted the files you told me and just make a small custom toolbar then reboot to see if it stays, if not start again, when it does stay after reboot just add to the custom tool bar and save it to a new layout. I have 4 custom toolbars in my custom layout along with a 3 default toolbars. I tried to keep each menu area in one toolbar and not intermix alot.
                              It took me aprox 10 hours to get this Sucker the way I wanted it.
                              Last edited by Randy P; 02-22-2007, 12:14 PM.

Comment