Oh what fun with 4.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh what fun with 4.1

I found what appears to be a bug in V4.1 Release Candidate.

I have several TP Feature Control Frames (FCF's) in my inspection report. Each one referring to a set of holes. For some reason one of the FCF's (in the middle of my report) does not show the location, shift, or summary table. Only the size table is showing. I have tried closing PC-DMIS and re-opening, I have re-executed the entire program, I have even deleted and re-created the FCF.

Here's where it get's interesting - If I create the FCF twice (one after the other) the first one still shows only the size table, the second one shows the size AND location tables (the shift and summary tables are still missing). So I said to myself "self" I can live with this I'll just set the output to "none" on the first FCF so only my second one shows up on the report. As soon as I toggle to "none" and refresh the report the first FCF goes away (as it should) and the secind one now only shows the size table - the location table has now disappeared. ARRRGH!
    Global Image 555
    PH10M-TP200
    PC-DMIS Cad ++
    Win7 64 bit
    V2014.1

I beleive (as some posters have written) that B & S themselves have said to go back to 3.7 MR3....

The latest is rarely the greatest...
    Jim Jewell

Comment

As Jim has stated, along with many others.

3.7mr3 use this and avoid much pain and suffering!

Best Regards,
      ZydecoPete
      sigpic

Comment

I know - I have been procrastinating (sp?) installation of the older version since it's one I don't already have. I have 3.5MR2 but I really like the FCF's (when they work) and the ability to drag hits around auto features on CAD models. I also have 4.0 but it has too many issues to list here. I did download 3.7MR3 last week but haven't installed it yet. how well does PC-DMIS work at saving programs to an older version?

Thanks!

t.
        Global Image 555
        PH10M-TP200
        PC-DMIS Cad ++
        Win7 64 bit
        V2014.1

Comment

Originally posted by dtmtim View Post
          I found what appears to be a bug in V4.1 Release Candidate.

I have several TP Feature Control Frames (FCF's) in my inspection report. Each one referring to a set of holes. For some reason one of the FCF's (in the middle of my report) does not show the location, shift, or summary table. Only the size table is showing. I have tried closing PC-DMIS and re-opening, I have re-executed the entire program, I have even deleted and re-created the FCF.

Here's where it get's interesting - If I create the FCF twice (one after the other) the first one still shows only the size table, the second one shows the size AND location tables (the shift and summary tables are still missing). So I said to myself "self" I can live with this I'll just set the output to "none" on the first FCF so only my second one shows up on the report. As soon as I toggle to "none" and refresh the report the first FCF goes away (as it should) and the secind one now only shows the size table - the location table has now disappeared. ARRRGH!
          I seem to remember Jan D. saying soemthing about this. Do you by chance have pagination within your report template? If so remove it? When you say 4.1 Release Candidate, is there not a newer version called 4.1 Release at the WILCOX site?
          sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

Originally posted by JamesMannes View Post
            I seem to remember Jan D. saying soemthing about this. Do you by chance have pagination within your report template? If so remove it? When you say 4.1 Release Candidate, is there not a newer version called 4.1 Release at the WILCOX site?
            I'll have to look into what pagination is. As for the release candidate it is actually newer than the release version on the Wilcox site and it fixes the report printing issue that the 4.1 release version has. This version that I have has not been released yet.

Thanks!

t.
            Global Image 555
            PH10M-TP200
            PC-DMIS Cad ++
            Win7 64 bit
            V2014.1

Comment

I...and the ability to drag hits around auto features on CAD models....
              You can do this in 3.7mr3
              Links to my utilities for PCDMIS

Comment

Pagination is simply page numbering put into the report template by the user (you). If it is a stock item(pagination), in your newer version of 4.1 might I suggest you go to 4.2 RELEASE CANDIDATE because I am using that and have no problems with the report templates. Keep in mind that 4.2 is a "BETA" version of PC-DMIS and is not supported by BNS via Tech Support. I can direct you to the 4.2 FTP site if so desired
                sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

Originally posted by JamesMannes View Post
                  Pagination is simply page numbering put into the report template by the user (you). If it is a stock item(pagination), in your newer version of 4.1 might I suggest you go to 4.2 RELEASE CANDIDATE because I am using that and have no problems with the report templates. Keep in mind that 4.2 is a "BETA" version of PC-DMIS and is not supported by BNS via Tech Support. I can direct you to the 4.2 FTP site if so desired
                  Thanks James, I haven't done modifications to the standard templates. the one I am using is textonly. I would be willing to try 4.2 beta. Can you PM the link?

Thanks!

t.
                  Global Image 555
                  PH10M-TP200
                  PC-DMIS Cad ++
                  Win7 64 bit
                  V2014.1

Comment

So I said to myself "self" I can live with this I'll just set the output to "none" on the first FCF so only my second one shows up on the report. As soon as I toggle to "none" and refresh the report the first FCF goes away (as it should) and the secind one now only shows the size table - the location table has now disappeared. ARRRGH!
                    Try the report again without the rainbow brite option turned off. I have found that all of my reporting problems go away when I right click on a blank space at the bottom of my report and choose "Edit" and then check "Use text mode dimension reporting" all of the stupid stuff (which you can live without) will get turned off then and your TP dimensions will return to normal.
                    Last edited by MrComment; 02-15-2007, 12:55 PM.
                    Mr. Comment
                    SCIROCCO-NT 13-20-10
                    B3C-LC Controller (Leitz Protocol), SP600M, TP200
                    PCDMIS CAD++ v4.3 MR1(Build: 12/11/08)
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MrComment View Post
                      Try the report again without the rainbow brite option turned on. I have found that all of my reporting problems go away when I right click on a blank space at the bottom of my report and choose "Edit" and then check "Use text mode dimension reporting" all of the stupid stuff (which you can live without) will get turned off then and your TP dimensions will return to normal.
                      Thanks - that does correct the report. I also noticed that when I switched to some of the other templates they were all messed up as well - much worse than the textonly template. Dumping the program back to 4.0 fixed the problem as well.

t.
                      Global Image 555
                      PH10M-TP200
                      PC-DMIS Cad ++
                      Win7 64 bit
                      V2014.1

Comment

Glad to hear it worked for you.
                        Mr. Comment
                        SCIROCCO-NT 13-20-10
                        B3C-LC Controller (Leitz Protocol), SP600M, TP200
                        PCDMIS CAD++ v4.3 MR1(Build: 12/11/08)
                        sigpic

Comment

Try this link. I think you stumbled upon a bug.

Jan.

http://www.pcdmisforum.com/showthread.php?t=3026
                          PC-DMIS/NC 2010MR3; 15 December 2010; running on 18 machine tools.
                          Romer Infinite; PC-DMIS 2010 MR3; 15 December 2010.

Comment

Thanks Jan ! I guess I'm surprised that this is not fixed in this 4.1 version that I just got last week from Hexagon tech support. This version did fix some of the bugs that the 4.1 release version had in it but this new one is a big one.

Thanks again,

t.
                            Global Image 555
                            PH10M-TP200
                            PC-DMIS Cad ++
                            Win7 64 bit
                            V2014.1

Comment

Thanks Jan ! I guess I'm surprised that this is not fixed in this 4.1 version that I just got last week from Hexagon tech support. This version did fix some of the bugs that the 4.1 release version had in it but this new one is a big one.

Thanks again,

t.
                              Your new around these parts aint ya...
                              Links to my utilities for PCDMIS

Comment