Datum Shifting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Datum Shifting

Running version 4.1, Does PCDMIS perform Datum Shifting accurately? Detailed answer from tech support would be greatly appreciated.

Originally posted by BRSMR View Post
    Running version 4.1, Does PCDMIS perform Datum Shifting accurately? Detailed answer from tech support would be greatly appreciated.
    That might require a phone call. Wes, you got that number handy??
    Links to my utilities for PCDMIS

Comment

Originally posted by cmmguy View Post
      That might require a phone call. Wes, you got that number handy??
      I think he was complimenting the group.
      Originally posted by BRSMR View Post
      Sorry no answer to that at this time. Will try to get the answer?
      sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

Originally posted by JamesMannes View Post
        I think he was complimenting the group.
        Ya see what happens when I try to be funny
        Links to my utilities for PCDMIS

Comment

Yeah, well I do have the phone number but. . . A couple of years ago when I moved up to 3.7MR2 and was having some obnoxious problems with true position I was put in touch with a fellow who is supposed to be the B&S GD&T expert. I tried to get an answer to the very question you are asking. I was told that the math pc-dmis uses comes from the ASME Y14.5.1M-1994 - Mathematical Definition of Dimensioning and Tolerancing Principles. I have a copy of that book and the math gets quite hairy. As I have demonstrated several times, I still have a long way to go mastering the basic standard before I dare tackle this one. HTH
          Last edited by Wes Cisco; 02-15-2007, 08:29 AM. Reason: additional comments
          sigpic"Hated by Many, Loved by Few" _ A.B. - Stone brewery

Comment

BRSMR,
            Just to make sure I understand what you are asking, are you doing shift pattern of holes? Shifting your entire pattern around? I used to do this in excel a lot years ago. I transferr all my data to excel and moved the entire pattern at once to see if it would work. I never could get the software to work correctly but that was many versions back. If you need any help PM me.
            Dale
            v2011 MR1 CAD ++

Comment

Can you give us your exact example and please tell us why you think it does not properly shift.

I think it does. I tried some known data sets and it did it correctly. But I must admit that sometimes datashifts can be surprisingly large!

Jan
              PC-DMIS/NC 2010MR3; 15 December 2010; running on 18 machine tools.
              Romer Infinite; PC-DMIS 2010 MR3; 15 December 2010.

Comment