911! need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 911! need help

Sorry for the lenght of discription but here goes. Running 3.5 mr2, TP200 PH10MQ head and have been for 3+ years now. Yesterday I programmed a part and at the end ran at full speed. When the program was done I looked at my code and I had DOUBLE the code. It just add the code from my DCC start to the end, but my points in the graphics window were not doubled. At just that time we had a power spike and the program looked like it crashed (nothing strange yet). I shut down and open PCDmis again and now my code is gone. ALL the points are there, I started the program and it runs through the beginning of the code just like it would normally but I couldn't see any code so I didn't run it. I may run through it very slow just to see now. Has anyone had this happen. I can switch to "summary mode" and my code is there but I am not use to looking at it this way. I tried to go back to "command mode" and all the code goes away, what is the deal? I have checked all my search paths and switch between all the modes and still don't know what is up. I feel like I am missing something simple or at least I hope so.

TIA
    Dale
    Dale
    v2011 MR1 CAD ++

Check and see if you 'lost' what the command mode shows. In the EDIT WINDOW LAYOUT, look and see what is marked for COMMAND mode.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

THanks Matt. What did I do? I don't use mark sets so what happened? I just started running the program just to see if it would run and the code is now there. What did I do so I know.
      Dale
      v2011 MR1 CAD ++

Comment

Just one of those 'thangs' ya get with Pcdmis. Getting an error that either sumps you or causes you to have to close and open can do wierd things to your programs, and ya never know what it will be.
        sigpic
        I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Thanks for your help. I called B&S before I wrote this they had no clue. Tried all kinds of stuff. Said someone would call tomorrow or later. Thanks again, that is why you are the man.
          Dale
          v2011 MR1 CAD ++

Comment

This is gonna sound like BS. Something happened similar to me the other day. I'm running 3.5mr2. I opened a program. I glanced at it & turned away and started doing something else. When i turned back around all code & dims were gone. Like i was starting a new program. I piddled with it for about an hour & finally said F it & rewrote the program thinking I deleted it some way. Now after reading your problem. i'm getting scared & having pi$$ shivers.

THings that make you go huh....
            sigpic.....Its called golf because all the other 4 letter words were taken

Comment

Well all I can say is I started running the program slow, slow (1 bar) and then stopped it and did what Matt said to do, and then there was the code. I opened the some other programs and my code is back. The big problem I have is I tried doing new programs (5x's) but couldn't pick a probe or type anything in the window. It would let me do anything. What is up w/ that. I am back up and running. Now is not a good time for me to be down.
              Thanks again guys, that is why everyone come here!
              Dale
              v2011 MR1 CAD ++

Comment

Originally posted by WScmm View Post
                Well all I can say is I started running the program slow, slow (1 bar) and then stopped it and did what Matt said to do, and then there was the code. I opened the some other programs and my code is back. The big problem I have is I tried doing new programs (5x's) but couldn't pick a probe or type anything in the window. It would let me do anything. What is up w/ that. I am back up and running. Now is not a good time for me to be down.
                Thanks again guys, that is why everyone come here!
                When you open a new program, go to the edit window setup and mark all those things you want. Your 'default' has been changed to show none of that stuff. If none of it is showing, then you are not down far enough in the program to be allowed to select the probe, your cursor will be at the top, above all the 'hidden' code.
                sigpic

Comment

I see the demon is still up to its old tricks and maybe some new ones, just a valentines day smooch from the demon!
                  sigpicHave a homebrew

Comment

Would you guys all stop complaining about PCDMIS. There is nothing wrong with it, it is perfect, I do my job every day with it, it never lets me down, it never changes my nominals, all features work.... so stop it already.
                    Links to my utilities for PCDMIS

Comment

Originally posted by cmmguy View Post
                      Would you guys all stop complaining about PCDMIS. There is nothing wrong with it, it is perfect, I do my job every day with it, it never lets me down, it never changes my nominals, all features work.... so stop it already.
                      CAD is the future. With it there are no software bugs.
                      <internet bumper sticker goes here>

Comment

Originally posted by cmmguy View Post
                        Your hat is in the mail. You have a little brown smudge on your nose...
                        sigpic.....Its called golf because all the other 4 letter words were taken

Comment

Originally posted by tking View Post
                          I see the demon is still up to its old tricks and maybe some new ones, just a valentines day smooch from the demon!
                          This is/was a known problem in the 3.5 release, along witha few other issues. If you can, upgrade?I am leaving myself wide open here.
                          sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

pcdmis demon

. ALL the points are there, I started the program and it runs through the beginning of the code just like it would normally but I couldn't see any code so I didn't run it.
                            This happens in 3.7mr2. File/print/print preview/. Once you preview the code just close the print preview window and the code should reappear. A pcdmis DEMON
                            sigpicRegards,
                            Donald Henger
                            B&S Micro Excel Pfx
                            3.5mr2 & 3.7mr3
                            PHH10MQ, TP20 & TP2
                            Country Rocks,But Bluegrass RULES!!!

Comment

Originally posted by craiger_ny View Post
                              CAD is the future. With it there are no software bugs.
                              And you can't use TP for statistics. Oh, I mean you can. No, you can't. Yes, you can. Oh screw it I don't know, lets' ask someone who knows everything. Justncredible?
                              sigpic

James Mannes

Comment