Ot (mmiv - Avail)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ot (mmiv - Avail)

Does anyone recall how to define a 3 sphere fixture alignment in MMIV or AVAIL?
    I have zero experience there and a friend needs a sphere definition for measurement so he can create an alignment from 3 of them.

Thanks folks!
    sigpic
    all throttle

Are you talking about 3 spheres; two spheres that are offset from the third? If so, the name of the convention is "vector delta" to create offset spheres, e.g SPH2 SPH3, at the same level as say SPH1. I do this in AVAIL with point features quite a bit. If I'm on the right track let me know I can provide more info?
    sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

No, this is very simple I guess.
      The guy needs to know how to define a sphere so he *can* measure it. I mean this is fundamental stuff. I have no background in MMIV, so I'm clueless.
      I understand he needs to write the program manually and not use (auto features?).

Here is a Hole definition

********** PT1 **********
      }

MOVE/TO;
      MOVE/TO;
      PLANE1 = GEOMETRIC/PLANE;
      MEASURE/;
      MEASURE/;
      MEASURE/;
      MOVE/TO;
      DONE/;

PT1 = GEOMETRIC/CIRCLE; PLANE1, IS, 4,
      MOVE/TO;
      DONE/;

FILE/WRITE; RESULTS, "** PT1 **\n"
      REPORT/NOMINAL; X, , 1.0, -1.0
      REPORT/NOMINAL; Y, , 1.0, -1.0
      REPORT/NOMINAL; Z, , 1.0, -1.0
      REPORT/NOMINAL; D, , 1.0, -1.0
      REPORT/FEATURE; PT1, XYZ, , RESULTS

How does he define a sphere so he can measure it?
      sigpic
      all throttle

Comment

I don't know what mm4 looks like (GUI?), but in AVAIL you have a whole bunch of choices that you cycle through via the keyboard. On the upper left hand side of the screen you will find the "AUTOMATIC" features. Approximately 6 levels below this you will find a menu choice called "GEOMETRIC", these are features that are manully learned by the programmer. Upon hitting enter once the emphasis is placed on the "GEOMETRIC" label, many other choices come up. Of those choices, "SPHERE" is one of them. Once you click enter on the choice "SPHERE", you then cycle through the nexrt set of choices via the "space" bar. This will run through manual measurement of a sphere or a few "automatice" learned spheres. This is how I would do this in AVAIL. If you are looking for the specific code, you really don't want to learn something that way (unless you are pretty darn good). I would suggest going through the menu system, measure the feature and then tidy up any code after the feature has been measured either manualyy or automatic. Sorry thats all the help I can be.
        sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

manual

SPH1 = GEOMETRIC/SPHERE;
          MANUAL/; 5
          DONE/;
          dcc

SPH2 = GEOMETRIC/SPHERE; OC, 3, 8, 0, 0, 0, 19.05, 0, 0, 1, 0, 90
          DONE/;

Comment

Originally posted by BillP View Post
            manual

SPH1 = GEOMETRIC/SPHERE;
            MANUAL/; 5
            DONE/;
            dcc

SPH2 = GEOMETRIC/SPHERE; OC, 3, 8, 0, 0, 0, 19.05, 0, 0, 1, 0, 90
            DONE/;
            Man, that brings back memories... I sure do LOVE PC-DMIS after looking @ that...
            sigpic
            Xcel 15-20-10 - PFXcel 7-6-5 - Merlin 11-11-7 - Romer Absolute 7525SI
            PCDMIS 2012
            Windows Office XP

Comment