Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving CMM's

Hey everyone.

My inspection lab is going to be moved to a more "central" location in our shop (read: easier to keep an eye on). Right now I am in the very back of the shop, about 175' from the machines running up front. If we move do I need to have a new slab pured for vibration isolation? We use rotary index tables that don't make too much vibration (none that is detectable through your shoes anyways). I have an old Xcel 7.6.5 w/ the solid granite base, and a Mistral 7.7.5 w/ the steel base. I know I'll obviously need re-cal after the move, but what about potential vibration?

Any ideas or suggestions?
    CMM Programmer
    Jackson Michigan
    Mistral 7.7.5
    4.3MR2

They can cut the concrete slab where the CMM will sit. This will isolate it from the high frequency vibration, but it wont help with the low frequency vibration.

If it is real bad then a barry mount(or equiv) will be needed.
    Links to my utilities for PCDMIS

Comment

Yep, a BARRY system works real well. There are Mills located not more than 15 feet outside my doors as well as train tracks about 100 yards away as well as HUGE presses about 50 yards away. They did do a new slab section when they put the CMM in, so I think you will need both. I have no problems with vibrations. Good, good, GOOD, good vibrations!
      sigpic
      Originally posted by AndersI
      I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment