X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dimension color, specifically red

V3.7MR3
    "Old style" or text only reporting

Having gotten fed up with that ****ed marked sets window popping up all of the time and not being able to solve it I did the ever dreded uninstal > reinstal of PCDMIS 3.7MR3. It worked now for the life of me I can't figure out how to get out of tolerance dimension lines to show red. I have marked code set to show black, unmarked code to show green and debug code to show red, and comments to show blue. That is my convention and I had no trouble getting it that way. Howinthehell do I get out of tolerance lines to show red? Every dimension line is black now, even the out of tolerance stuff. My monkeys are so conditioned that they only look at stuff in red. Noshit one guys excuse for not making machine offsets was that the CMM did not show anything in red even though it showed all my dimensions including out of tol stuff.

How do I make it show text only reporting in red. I tried the edit report colors thing where it lists each and every thing that you can adjust the color on (which is how I set up the colors I did) but I did not see anything about out of tolerance stuff.
    <internet bumper sticker goes here>

I think you are looking for Edit Dimension Color. I am not in front of the CMM, so I can't tell you where it is exactly, but I think that is what you are looking for.

Comment

Do you have prefs Edit window colors.. may be there
      sigpic
      if you had soap on a rope it would be tied to yer ankle

Comment

Originally posted by John Kugler View Post
        I think you are looking for Edit Dimension Color. I am not in front of the CMM, so I can't tell you where it is exactly, but I think that is what you are looking for.
        That is what I thought too so I tried it. It is for the object style reporting, I am using text style reporting.

Comment

Edit-->graphics Display Window---->dimension Color
          CMM Programmer
          Jackson Michigan
          Mistral 7.7.5
          4.3MR2

Comment

Originally posted by Sl33stak View Post
            Edit-->graphics Display Window---->dimension Color
            Like I said I am not using object style reporting I am using text style reporting. That setting is for the various colors of the object style report. Just to be sure though I already tried that, it did nothing for text style reporting.

Comment

Edit ~ preferences ~ edit window colors
              ERROR needs to be RED
              sigpic
              Originally posted by AndersI
              I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Do you have draft mode checked that will do it.. uncheck if you do
                sigpic
                if you had soap on a rope it would be tied to yer ankle

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman View Post
                  Edit ~ preferences ~ edit window colors
                  ERROR needs to be RED
                  Sorry, I should have mentioned I already did that too.

I'll add that it reports this no matter what mode I am in. Report, last execution and command mode all show out of tol stuff in black.

Comment

Just throwing this out there, if you have the draft mode on in the print command it will print all black. Make sure it it's off.
                    sigpic

Comment

Also check, F5 setup and make sure that FEATURE USE DIMENSIONS COLORS is marked onteh dimension tab.
                      sigpic
                      Originally posted by AndersI
                      I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by T Miller View Post
                        Do you have draft mode checked that will do it.. uncheck if you do
                        That is for printing. I am not printing these reports.

Here is the problem: In the edit window, using text only (not the fancy pants use an entire ink cartridge when you do print object style) reporting. It is the style of report that goes way back to pre 3.2 days where it is text only. No objects just standard charecters, you know where hyphens are used at the end with a sharp (pound) symbol to graphically display where in the tolerance band you are. That is the style of report I am displaying in the edit window which no matter if I am in command mode, report mode or last execution mode all of my dimensions are black, even the out of tolerance lines. I am displaying all dimensions wheter they are in tolerance or not. I am displaying comments and they are comming through as blue just as I set it up. However dimension lines for out of tolerance is not red, it is black, I want it in red just like it used to be.

Comment

Font colour change

Craiger,

Below are some brief notes that I had used in the past. I believe this may be what you are looking for.

Best Regards,
                          Peter

P.S.; I'm not sure if I attached correctly. I'll paste in below here as well.

Font Color
                          --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm loading 3.7 mr3 ( from 3.5 mr2 ) The first thing you notice is all the pretty text color in the edit window. I know how to change the font colors the hard way. I thought there was a check box in PC DMIS or a setting in the settings editor that I can make ONE change to return to the old colors. ( blue is unmarked, black is marked ) Thanks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit/Preferences/EditWindowColors. Then select Import and import the "OLD DEFAULT COLORS.CLR" color file.
                          sigpic

Comment

I just tried this and maybe someone already mentioned it but under edit-preferences-edit window colors-edit window colors choose Dimensions and under Error change the color to yellow then change it back to red and it will ask if you want all the children changed to, answer yes.. That all the info I have and if this don't work please post the winning answer.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Warcholyk View Post
                              Craiger,

Below are some brief notes that I had used in the past. I believe this may be what you are looking for.

Edit/Preferences/EditWindowColors. Then select Import and import the "OLD DEFAULT COLORS.CLR" color file.
                              Thank you sir, if you weren't in Canada I'd mail you some beer. Just not sure how it would go over at the border. Seeing as how it is not legal in the States as it is.

This sumbitch is solved.

Comment