Alright, I have to ask...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Alright, I have to ask...

    Anyone heard any scuttlebutt about when 4.2 is going to be released?

    Just asking, I'm sure this is a dumb question because no one really knows, but I am curious.

    Sorry if I offended anyone with the use of the word "scuttlebutt"......

  • #2
    Don't know about 4.2 release date.

    Who & how did the word scuttlebutt come into the english language. The words make no sense for what they mean. Look them up seperately..it makes no sense
    sigpic.....Its called golf because all the other 4 letter words were taken

    Comment


    • #3
      The nautical term Scuttlebutt originally (and still) means a water fountain or water cask on a ship. However, it is now more commonly used as slang for "information" or "gossip".

      Water for immediate consumption on a sailing ship was conventionally stored in a sailor's butt: a butt (cask or small barrel) which had been scuttled by making a hole in it so the water could be withdrawn. Since Sailors exchanged gossip when they gathered at the scuttlebutt for a drink of water, scuttlebutt became U.S. Navy slang for gossip or rumors.

      Wikapedia.....
      Links to my utilities for PCDMIS

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by John Kugler View Post
        Sorry if I offended anyone with the use of the word "scuttlebutt"......
        I was offended by the word "dumb" Watch what you say

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by cmmguy View Post

          Water for immediate consumption on a sailing ship was conventionally stored in a sailor's butt.

          Wikapedia.....

          Oh what have I done.......

          Somehow I think this thread has been officially hi-jacked.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by John Kugler View Post
            Oh what have I done.......

            Somehow I think this thread has been officially hi-jacked.

            Sorry..... I thought i asked a valid question. The reasoning or definition seemed pretty strange, but hey what do i know.
            sigpic.....Its called golf because all the other 4 letter words were taken

            Comment


            • #7
              ewwww, sailor's butt water.

              A new name for one of Craig's homebrews???

              I meant "sailor's butt water", however, "Scuttlebutt Ale" actually isn't a bad name.
              Last edited by #2#; 02-07-2007, 05:13 PM.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Goodluck View Post
                ewwww, sailor's butt water.

                A new name for one of Craig's homebrews???

                I meant "sailor's butt water", however, "Scuttlebutt Ale" actually isn't a bad name.

                I'll never look at the navy the same again..

                http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/810000...sailors300.jpg
                sigpic.....Its called golf because all the other 4 letter words were taken

                Comment


                • #9
                  The thread got hijacked and the queastion about 4.2 release date never got answered.
                  v2013 MR1, v2015.1
                  B&S Global 544, 555
                  Mitutoyo A504 w/PC-DMIS

                  sigpic
                  Since 1994

                  Never force anything. Get a bigger hammer.
                  (Advice from my dad.)

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by John Kugler View Post
                    Anyone heard any scuttlebutt about when 4.2 is going to be released?

                    Just asking, I'm sure this is a dumb question because no one really knows, but I am curious.

                    Sorry if I offended anyone with the use of the word "scuttlebutt"......
                    Originally posted by John Kugler View Post
                    Oh what have I done.......

                    Somehow I think this thread has been officially hi-jacked.
                    Hijacking a newbie thread $0.25
                    Hijacking a thread after the question is answered $1.00
                    Hijacking a Guru's thread $100.00
                    Hijacking your own thread PRICELESS
                    When in doubt, post code. A second set of eyes might see something you missed.
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by John Kingston View Post
                      Hijacking a newbie thread $0.25
                      Hijacking a thread after the question is answered $1.00
                      Hijacking a Guru's thread $100.00
                      Hijacking your own thread PRICELESS
                      Hey, don't try this at home, kids. It takes a special kind of idiot to hi-jack his own thread.

                      "Please stand back, as I am a PROFESSIONAL!!"

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Too funny, John!

                        TK
                        sigpicHave a homebrew

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          nautical terms hahaha "cold enough to freeze the ba lls off a brass monkey" when cannonball were stored next to there cannons they were stacked in a pyramid on a brass tray called a monkey when the ship got into colder weather the cannon balls and tray would change size and the balls would fall off hence the term.

                          More useless information :-)
                          Since I gave up hope I feel much better !!!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Isn't it great how edumakated we are becoming by hanging out here !!!!

                            Ain't life grand !!

                            ZydecoPete
                            sigpic

                            Comment

                            Related Topics

                            Collapse

                            Working...
                            X