X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alignment Iterative

PC-DMIS 3.7 MR2
    Hi all, I have a few question about errors from Iterative Alignments,
    1- I am using 6 points for leveling, and getting errors after alignment on 4 of the points, should I continue or let the eng. know?
    2- If I do continue, what kind of errors will I get in my measured features? Thanks

After you get the alignment, go back and measure the features and report the flatness, straightness, perpendicularity or whatever the requirements are then you have something to report to eng...
    sigpic
    Xcel 15-20-10 - PFXcel 7-6-5 - Merlin 11-11-7 - Romer Absolute 7525SI
    PCDMIS 2012
    Windows Office XP

Comment

There errors you are seeing is basically how 'bad' the part is for those datum hits. If you tell it you want a tolerance of +/-0.05mm and when it solves the alignment it has points outside that tolerance, it reports the error. As for what to do, there is nothing YOU can do. They either need to make the part better so you don't get those errors OR you can change the tolerance you put in for the iterative alignment. Changing the tolerance will NOT change the actual alignment, it will only change the point at which YOU get a warning about the features being 'good' or 'bad'. Most guys use a tight tolerance, but you can actualy use a tolerance equal to the part tolerance itself. By all menas, let people know that you can only get the datums to within, WHATEVER it is telling you, so that THEY can make the decision if it is good enough or if it needs to be fixed.
      sigpic
      Originally posted by AndersI
      I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment