Help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!!!

1st of all i want to say sorry if i posted this in the wrong spot. 2nd of all I need your guys help. I work at Arvinmeritor. I have 2 years of computer shcool. My boss came up to me today and said I have to learn how to use CAD, and PC-dmis. i have no clue on where to start. Hes not sending to school, and they losted the training software that went with it. but he gave me the Manual and a a little book called intro to coordinate metrology. Is there a training software i can get or a book? So i can teach myself and fast. And is $8.50 worth the pay also? Im so losted. Thank you for your time.

I don't mean to be funny but is this post a joke?
    sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

no its not a joke y? Im for real.

Comment

Boy...you are off to a rough start....

what is your experience in the shop? are you inspecting parts using hand tools? are you running a CNC and checking parts while running? What kind of parts will you be checking? Sheetmetal and billet parts are very different animals, castings add another twist.

as for learning CAD and or PCDMIS....if you have some basic measuring skills to start with, you will be able to pick it up. If you don't know how to read a drawing at all, then that is where you need to start. Making a CMM measure basic parts is easy, knowing how to apply your results is the tricky part. Measuring tricky parts will become a nightmare without the basics behind you.

wages really depends on your expeience AND locality....varies all over the world

If you have a specific question on PCDMIS..this is the place to ask

goodluck
        bob
        Which one gets ridden today? MPH vs MPG..tough choice, both are FUN
        sigpic

Starrett RGDC 4028-24 :alien:
        Demon vintages 3.7, 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, 2009

Comment

Thanks for the info. Im using struts and shocks. experience in the shop i have none. Im using a Micro Val PFX from brown and sharpe.

Comment

The only thing I can suggest to you is this bit of info from Brown and Sharpe...

Go
            here
            and
            here
            I don't envy you one bit. You have some studying and work ahead of you. If I can be of any further assistance don't hesitate to post some more questions.

Oh and as far as a book to purchase, no PC-DMIS does'nt have one. Thats how BNS makes their $$$. What kind of CAD? There also is a search function on this site, it may be of help?
            sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

Sounds like this place.... at least I got a couple years with WinTutor before PC-DMIS showed up.

Hopefully they don't expect a lot of complicated GD&T verdicts from you, and the parts are nice, shiney, and perfectly square- you've got a chance then. Like mentioned above- IF castings and 'novel' GD&T is in your immediate future....

If the $8.50 came with the schooling- kool. Around here $8.50 wouldn't be much help for the annoyance.

Tom H>

Comment

Im working with Auto CAD lt 97.

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonflares View Post
                  Im working with Auto CAD lt 97.
                  this you will ba able to find books on...lots of em
                  Which one gets ridden today? MPH vs MPG..tough choice, both are FUN
                  sigpic

Starrett RGDC 4028-24 :alien:
                  Demon vintages 3.7, 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, 2009

Comment

An $8.50 pay increase maybe but there is no way I would do this shat for $8.50 an hour...
                    sigpic
                    Xcel 15-20-10 - PFXcel 7-6-5 - Merlin 11-11-7 - Romer Absolute 7525SI
                    PCDMIS 2012
                    Windows Office XP

Comment

$8.50? Log out and pack your stuff. An inspector makes more.

If you really want to learn PCDMIS, the Help file really helps alot. If you are unfamiliar with blue print reading, there are lots of sources on the internet but I wouldn't waste my time if they are not willing to send you to training and only paying you McDonald's wages.
                      I used to be high on life but I built up a tolerance.

Brown & Sharpe Global Advantage
                      PCDMIS CAD++ v2011mr2
                      PH10MQ/SP600M

sigpic

Comment

8.50 an hour! sounds like your boss is living the the western era!! LOL
                        sigpic

Comment

Hey maybe he is from China $8.50 is like the lottery there.
                          Since I gave up hope I feel much better !!!

Comment

When I moved from learning to build gages to the metrology lab I got a raise up to 8.50/ hr. In 2 yrs i was at 15.00, 4yrs I was at 20.00 8 yrs I'm at .... Oh - thats a different thread!
                            RFS Means Really Fussy Stuff

When all you have is a hammer - everything looks like a nail....
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kbotta View Post
                              When I moved from learning to build gages to the metrology lab I got a raise up to 8.50/ hr. In 2 yrs i was at 15.00, 4yrs I was at 20.00 8 yrs I'm at .... Oh - thats a different thread!

I would check your nose to see if there are any brown stains left over from the 8yrs of *** kissing
                              I used to be high on life but I built up a tolerance.

Brown & Sharpe Global Advantage
                              PCDMIS CAD++ v2011mr2
                              PH10MQ/SP600M

sigpic

Comment