Cad=part

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cad=part

I'm Drawing A Blank..... Need Some Quick Help.....i Have A Part That 20" X 20" X 1" Thick And Has A Few Holes Over The Entire Part. Found Out We Have A Catia Model For This Plate So I Had My Catia Guru Save It As A Iges File. Created A Program And Downloaded The Iges File, All Is Good So Far. Went And Check In Manual Mode The Features For The Alignment, Created The Alignment "so My Question Here Is Should I Use The Cad = Part Here After The Manual Or After The 1st Dcc And Do I Suppose To Use The Same Features That Created The Catia Alignment? What Is The Rules Of Ingagement Here I'm Drawing A Blank..........help
    sigpic

Do CAD=PART as you create each alignment.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

What type of an alignment did you do, i.e., a 3,2,1 or iterative?

If you do an iterative alignment, then there is no need to do Cad=Part.

Regards,
      ZydecoPete
      sigpic

Comment

TRANSFORM.

Then there's no need to do a CAD=PART or an iterative alignment...
        sigpic
        Xcel 15-20-10 - PFXcel 7-6-5 - Merlin 11-11-7 - Romer Absolute 7525SI
        PCDMIS 2012
        Windows Office XP

Comment

3,2,1, alignment then I go to my graphics window and see my cad part and way in the distance I see my measured features I need the corolations. The 3 answers above confused me even more .....sorry.
          sigpic

Comment

Which version of PC-DMIS are you using?
            sigpic
            PCDMIS 2012
            Windows Office XP

Comment

To help with the CAD = Part you better make sure before you start measuring you know where and how the orgins are set up on the model because that is the way you need to align it to use the CAD = part function.
              You can only CAD = Part one time that I can think of not sure where Matt was coming from but heck we are at a 3 day high of 5 degrees!!

Before doing CAD = Part don't fret if the points are way off the model but after doing the CAD = Part it better be exactly where it needs to be.

Comment

3.7MR2

I think it's coming back...let's seeeee..... If I go and touch with my mouse in the graphic window and create the feature for the alignment and then run my part and manually touch my features I do not need cad = part. is that correct...
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Johnson View Post
                  To help with the CAD = Part you better make sure before you start measuring you know where and how the orgins are set up on the model because that is the way you need to align it to use the CAD = part function.
                  You can only CAD = Part one time that I can think of not sure where Matt was coming from but heck we are at a 3 day high of 5 degrees!!

Before doing CAD = Part don't fret if the points are way off the model but after doing the CAD = Part it better be exactly where it needs to be.
                  You can do CAD=PART 99,999 times in a program, the last one is current. As for how the origins are set up, the origin is ALWAYS X0Y0Z0, even if it isn'ton the part. If the top, front and left sides are your pick-ups, and the top is Z 1.235" and the front is Y-23.12" and the side is 345.234", the you level to the top, rotate to the front, set X origin to the side, Y origin to the front, Z origin to the top, then offset the X origin -345.234, the Y origin 23.12 and the Z origin -1.235, then click on CAD=PART and the alignment is done. Now you go into DCC and measure your alignment features, create the plane, the lines, etc., go into alignment, level, rotate, set origins, offset then CAD=PART again.
                  sigpic
                  I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

I always do CAD=PART after my manual alignment, and then after my DCC alignment. And every subsiquent alignment after that.

Hope that clears some things up.

Comment

You do NOT need to do CAD=PART if you are doing an iterative alignment, it is 'included' in the iterative alignment. However, you CAN do so after the alignment and it will not hurt. I use CAD=PART for every alignment I make, in every program. Now, I am not saying that these 2 things are connected, but I also NEVER have an issue with nominals changing or move points going haywire.
                      sigpic

Comment

Occasionally I choose to not use a CAD=PART or an iterative alignment when not using cad or when I'm measuring a pretty simple part. I simply transform the alignment to the part (you must have 4.0 or greater to transform). I then do a readpoint or read the CMM position. I translate to the readpoint and begin a DCC alignment from that starting point.
                        sigpic
                        PCDMIS 2012
                        Windows Office XP

Comment