Fly mode issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fly mode issue

DCC Gage, ver 3.7 mr3 Leitz protocol controller.

In using fly mode, with prehits and retracts of .10" fly mode works fine, when gettinginto areas where we are only able to use prehits and retracts of .04" more or less, the fly mode causes double hits....Anyone else have this happen ? If so, did you find any tricks to work around ? I cannot increase the prehit and retract, we are using a 0.3MM ball probe and measuring tiny tiny parts. Looking to speed up the program overall, it currently runs at 10 mins a part...

Any suggestions welcomed.

Tnx,
    Jim Jewell

did you change the radius value for fly mode?
    sigpic
    if you had soap on a rope it would be tied to yer ankle

Comment

I've seen this brought up before, never saw a solution to the problem.
      sigpic
      Originally posted by AndersI
      I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

You might find that even with fly mode off there are double hits on very small features. I get the same when not using fly mode. Are you sure you have isolated it to fly mode?
        <internet bumper sticker goes here>

Comment

Fly mode will take double hits on features under .200 inch.Turn fly mode off just before feature then turn back on after.

Comment

Try this. See if you can change the radii of fly mode. I think that 0.118 is default. Edit it to something huge or even miniscule and see if the arc it travels actually changes. I say this because as of yet I can't get it to change. I can edit it but it always travels the same radius. I even wrote a program with movepoints and ran it real slow over a piece of paper using a pen to trace it's path. Then I edited the radius and watched it follow the same arc no matter what value I put in. If PCDMIS ignores the radius input and always follows 0.118R like it does on my system then I'd see a mathematical conflict of that R and a feature that is 0.200 in diameter.

I'm not justifying odd behavior by any means but you might want to check that out. And then concede to more unwanted "features", in this case double hits. Be nice to find out something here because that whole radius thing drove me nuts for a while. I eventually gave up...........

Comment

Yup,

Isolated to Flymode only, no other double hits, even when using a .020" prehit and retract...Tried changing the Flymode value...something tells me it ignores a radius any smaller than .118" or 3mm anyway...

I hate these newer versions, ALWAYS looking for all the little settings...GRRRR

I know where EVERYTHING is in ver 3.25 and my .ini file, oh ya, and its great how new defaults don't seem to get written to the "Database".

Ok, I feel better for now.
              Jim Jewell

Comment

Fly mode

I know on some machines/controllers, the fly mode doesn't work; this is direct from tech support. The DEA I use, will not accept fly commands.
                sigpic:eek: Bring out the comfy chair!:eek:

Comment

Does it not work at all (not travel a radius) or by not work is the radii always of a fixed size? Not sure if this officially a highjack yet or not. They may be related. I'm just looking to see if I am the only one that can not adjust the size of the radii.

Comment

I'm using 3.7MR3 with a Sheffield Discovery II D-12. Changing the radius does not work for me.

JJewell, I'm assuming you have a few circular features that you are tweaking?
                    I used to be high on life but I built up a tolerance.

Brown & Sharpe Global Advantage
                    PCDMIS CAD++ v2011mr2
                    PH10MQ/SP600M

sigpic

Comment

Hello Folks,

It also functions for me. Running 3.7mr3 on a B&S 07/07/05.

Regards,
                      ZydecoPete

P.S.; typically I've got the radius set to somewhere between 3mm and 5mm.
                      sigpic

Comment

I too, have tried and not seen a change in the radius.
                        When in doubt, post code. A second set of eyes might see something you missed.
                        sigpic

Comment

I reported this to B&S over a year ago. Their fix is to turn FLYMODE OFF when you get into areas where you require a small prehit/retract. They have never gotten back to me with a real fix.

Bill

Comment

What F_ing Rocket Scientist at B & S came up with that one ???

Oh MY GOD ? What we do without with their support ???

Oh ya, go to another version...
                            Jim Jewell

Comment

Originally posted by jjewell View Post
                              What F_ing Rocket Scientist at B & S came up with that one ???

Oh MY GOD ? What we do without with their support ???

Oh ya, go to another version...
                              HEY! Watch it, I AM a rocket scientist, well, I USED to be, until the BATF got involved with the hobby, then I dropped out so I would not be on their list of possible trouble-makers. No fooling, I used to be a rocket scientist. Check out the site:

http://www.tripoli.org/
                              sigpic
                              Originally posted by AndersI
                              I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment