True Position Nightmare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• True Position Nightmare

I just updated my machine to PD DMIS CAD++ with 4.1 version. I like alot of the new feature with exception to the true positon. I am trying to edit the report it is complicated without having the proper knowledge.
    I finnally got the report to show text only but I have operators input comments NAME, NUMBERS, ETC and now I can get the comments to show up on the report text output. I have selected the box to show comments but I have no luck.
    Why couldn't they just keep that all the same.

Matt Furtaw
    PC DMIS CAD++
    version 4.1
    DEA MISTRAL
    DEA MISTRAL
    PC DMIS CAD++
    Version 2013
    Windows 7 64bit
    DataPage+ 2011 MR1

Originally posted by mattfurtaw View Post
    I just updated my machine to PD DMIS CAD++ with 4.1 version. I like alot of the new feature with exception to the true positon. I am trying to edit the report it is complicated without having the proper knowledge.
    I finnally got the report to show text only but I have operators input comments NAME, NUMBERS, ETC and now I can get the comments to show up on the report text output. I have selected the box to show comments but I have no luck.
    Why couldn't they just keep that all the same.

Matt Furtaw
    PC DMIS CAD++
    version 4.1
    DEA MISTRAL
    I'll try to help. I think you are asking how to get the comments to show up on your report right? And you don't like the look of TP either? Go to VIEW>>REPORT WINDOW. once there, there is an icon called TEMPLATE SELECTION DIALOG. choose that icon and open a template called "default" (you'll find it near the bottom). Once that is opened, there is a "save" icon named "ADD TEMPLATE TO TOOLBAR", click on that this template will be added to you report template toolbar. Once that is saved to the toolbar save your program, close the program, close PC-DMIS, reopen your program. View the report window. Choose the "default" report template, then in the report window toolbar you will see what looks like a sheet of paper as an icon, this is called "SAVE CURRENT TEMPLATE AS THE DEFAULT REPORT". Once that is done, move your cursor somewhere up near the top (by part name?), right click, choose "edit object", and remove the checks by "show features" and "show alignments". You should be good to go.
    sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

You da man ! Thanks a BUNCH ! What a round about way of fixing that.

Matt Furtaw
      DEA MISTRAL
      PC DMIS CAD++
      Version 2013
      Windows 7 64bit
      DataPage+ 2011 MR1

Comment

Originally posted by mattfurtaw View Post
        You da man ! Thanks a BUNCH ! What a round about way of fixing that.

Matt Furtaw
        OH-NO, That is not a 'fix', that is the NEW AND IMPROVED, BETTER way iof doing things from Hexagon/B&S/Wilcox. That is the way it is supposed to be now, not a bug, not an error, but an improvement. Nice, eh?
        sigpic
        Originally posted by AndersI
        I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Matthew,

Yeah! What an improvement. There is an old adage that is quite relevant here, one which we all know, except the ones that should;

If It Ain't Broke, Don't Fix It!

Regards,
          ZydecoPete
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman View Post
            OH-NO, That is not a 'fix', that is the NEW AND IMPROVED, BETTER way iof doing things from Hexagon/B&S/Wilcox. That is the way it is supposed to be now, not a bug, not an error, but an improvement. Nice, eh?
            I thought the preferred euphemism was "enhancement"? LOL
            sigpic"Hated by Many, Loved by Few" _ A.B. - Stone brewery

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Warcholyk View Post
              Matthew,

Yeah! What an improvement. There is an old adage that is quite relevant here, one which we all know, except the ones that should;

If It Ain't Broke, Don't Fix It!

Regards,
              ZydecoPete
              BUT, many many users have been bitching about the way it USED to make reports, like the fact that it would automatically adjust the 'width' of all the columns, based upon the largest number of characters required for that column (if -1234.3456 was the largest number of characters for the NOMINAL column, it would set the entire report for that), but that they had a minimum default that was so far beyond stupid that the light for stupid wouldn't get there for 20 years. Like, the minimum default width for tolerance was set for 9999.9999. Whointhehell gets that kind of tolerance? And, all the stupid minimum widths made the report wider, which made it so that the report required a smaller font, etc., so they decided that instead of fixinf it, they would dump the load of crap on us.
              sigpic
              Originally posted by AndersI
              I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman View Post
                Once you get comfortable with the changes it's not that hard to maneuver arounf the new stuff. The explanation I gave seems hard/tedious but if you look at the steps it is only like 4 mouse clicks and you're done. And in this case you don't have to do it ever again if you want the same template to be used all the time.
                sigpic

James Mannes

Comment