Angle true/compliment toggle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angle true/compliment toggle

I think v3.7 was the last version where you could toggle an angle between true and compliment. Is there another way to do this in V4 and up? I have tried reversing the order in which I pick the lines and even reconstructing the lines by reversing the order of the points selected to define the lines. It's not a huge deal but it would look better if the nominal on the report matched the print. I have asked B&S this question and the response was "we are asking Wilcox the same thing".

t.
    Global Image 555
    PH10M-TP200
    PC-DMIS Cad ++
    Win7 64 bit
    V2014.1

I still use 3.2063, so can't answer fully, but here is a trick I use. On this part I need to report half of a cone. Funny thing is, I had just finished this section of the program when I read your post, so it was handy.

Have a great weekend, join us in the off-topic side for some good-natured fun. (Ignore Wes and his whiskey comments, that is his only flaw...he drinks whiskey not beer....... )

CON1 =FEAT/CONE,RECT,OUT,LENG
    THEO/0,0,-0.1464,0,0,1,0.045,3.6937,3.941
    ACTL/-0.0005,0.0007,-0.1464,0.0001316,0.0000167,1,0.0478,3.8899,4.1532
    CONSTR/CONE,BF,PNT1,PNT2,PNT3,PNT4,PNT5,PNT6,PNT7,PNT8,PN T9,PNT10,PNT11,PNT12,PNT13,PNT14,,
    ASSIGN/V2 = ABS(180-CON1.A.MEAS)/2
    CON2 =GENERIC/CONE,DEPENDENT,RECT,OUT,$
    NOM/XYZ,0,0,0,$
    MEAS/XYZ,0,0,0,$
    NOM/IJK,0,0,1,$
    MEAS/IJK,0,0,1,$
    DISTANCE/0,0,$
    ANGLE/20,V2
    DIM D10= LOCATION OF CONE CON2 UNITS=IN ,$
    GRAPH=OFF TEXT=OFF MULT=1.00 OUTPUT=BOTH
    AX NOMINAL +TOL -TOL MEAS OUTTOL
    A 20.0000 0.5000 0.0500 19.9524 0.0000 #
    END OF DIMENSION D10
    When in doubt, post code. A second set of eyes might see something you missed.
    sigpic

Comment

Thanks John! That's a good work around. I've used quite a few variables in calculations like that. Mostly for creating trig'd out intersection points between lines and circles. PC-DMIS never seems to get it right. I've been spoiled by CAD after so many years.

My favorite part about winter is the Sam Adams Winter Lager!

t.
      Global Image 555
      PH10M-TP200
      PC-DMIS Cad ++
      Win7 64 bit
      V2014.1

Comment

Originally posted by dtmtim View Post
        My favorite part about winter is the Sam Adams Winter Lager!

t.

Ahhhhh! A man with taste. Didn't have any of that this year (yet). My brother and I brewed a Czech Pilsner. Still working on those.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by John Kingston View Post
          Have a great weekend, join us in the off-topic side for some good-natured fun. (Ignore Wes and his whiskey comments, that is his only flaw...he drinks whiskey not beer....... )

Mr. Kingston Sir, Are you casting a gauntlet? I will cede you crusaders with coconuts and the ravenous bugblatter beast of traal, but I will be gathering to my side the trafalgorians and Milo Minderbinder's empire of supply! I will give you Major Major if you need a commander. . .

Whiskey is better than most things!
          sigpic"Hated by Many, Loved by Few" _ A.B. - Stone brewery

Comment

Home Brew - Nice! A new micro brewery opened recently within walking distance of my house. Could be dangerous!

http://www.pennichuckbrewing.com/index.htm
            Global Image 555
            PH10M-TP200
            PC-DMIS Cad ++
            Win7 64 bit
            V2014.1

Comment

We have a brewpub two blocks from work. Very dangerous.
              http://greatlakesbrewing.com/
              Great beer though!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Wes Cisco View Post
                Mr. Kingston Sir, Are you casting a gauntlet? I will cede you crusaders with coconuts and the ravenous bugblatter beast of traal, but I will be gathering to my side the trafalgorians and Milo Minderbinder's empire of supply! I will give you Major Major if you need a commander. . .

Whiskey is better than most things!
                I fart in your general direction!
                sigpic

Comment

I fart in your general direction!

Yeah, that's what I thought! Just keep on a goin' Bub, if you don't wanna be doing that smelly whistle out your ear!

Comment

I should let you know, I have my towel with me 24/7.
                    I now place it over my head. You can't see me therefore................
                    sigpic

Comment

I should let you know, I have my towel with me 24/7.
                      I now place it over my head. You can't see me therefore................

AAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!! Curses! Foiled again by that hoopy frood!

Comment

What manner of weapons do you gentlemen care to choose.
                        Let the games begin.............

I must say, that my wager would be with the "whiskey" gentleman.
                        Whiskey is after all the choice of the more refined folk.

Wes, I too am partial to the finer things in life. I stand along side you and lend my support !!

Have a great day to All !!

ZydecoPete
                        sigpic

Comment