TP Calc V4.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TP Calc V4.0

I'm uncomfortable with the reliability of TP calculations in V4.0 If all features are RFS isn't the calculation simple trig? The calculations here don't seem correct. Please see attachment.

Thanks!

t.
    Global Image 555
    PH10M-TP200
    PC-DMIS Cad ++
    Win7 64 bit
    V2014.1

Attach also the XY data and the program you are using. I have similar calls and they appear to be correct.

Also, if I were you, I'd upgrade to V4.1 ASAP. There are little issues with TP that got resolved when going from 4.0 to 4.1. This does not seem to be one of those little issues though.

Jan.
    PC-DMIS/NC 2010MR3; 15 December 2010; running on 18 machine tools.
    Romer Infinite; PC-DMIS 2010 MR3; 15 December 2010.

Comment

It is correct, you are calling it out to 3 axis, so x^2+y^2+z^2=(sqrt)(2)

What is the callout?
      I talk dirty to my cmm. Justn

Comment

I have 4.1 installed but it doesn't always print the inspection report when the program is executed. Program and probe file attached.
        Global Image 555
        PH10M-TP200
        PC-DMIS Cad ++
        Win7 64 bit
        V2014.1

Comment

Originally posted by justncredible View Post

What is the callout?
          The callout from the drawing is "tp | diam .0157 | A | B"
          Global Image 555
          PH10M-TP200
          PC-DMIS Cad ++
          Win7 64 bit
          V2014.1

Comment

What is the callout?
            Here's a stupid question - why is the value getting doubled? The center point of the hole is out .015748 using sqrt(X^2+Y^2+Z^2)

t.
            Global Image 555
            PH10M-TP200
            PC-DMIS Cad ++
            Win7 64 bit
            V2014.1

Comment

Multiply times two (2)

Comment

Originally posted by dtmtim View Post
                I have 4.1 installed but it doesn't always print the inspection report when the program is executed. Program and probe file attached.
                I had that same problem with the release version of 4.1...

Go to the Wilcox website and do not pass go. LOL J/K...

Go to the Wilcox website and ftp the 4.1Beta version. I have been using it this week and it has solved all of my printing nightmares.
                sigpic
                Xcel 15-20-10 - PFXcel 7-6-5 - Merlin 11-11-7 - Romer Absolute 7525SI
                PCDMIS 2012
                Windows Office XP

Comment

What I do not understand is why it is using all 3 axis? It should be using just A and B???? I do not have 4.+ and no SMA so I never got to use it. I just caled out the math and if it is reporting from all 3 it comes out to .0278 or sumin like that.

Comment

Multiply times two (2)
                    Sorry - the real question was, why are we doubling the error of the center of the hole?
                    Global Image 555
                    PH10M-TP200
                    PC-DMIS Cad ++
                    Win7 64 bit
                    V2014.1

Comment

What I do not understand is why it is using all 3 axis? It should be using just A and B???? I do not have 4.+ and no SMA so I never got to use it. I just caled out the math and if it is reporting from all 3 it comes out to .0278 or sumin like that.
                      You must choose the axis' you want used. It is located in the second window of the TP window. Double click you hole/stud referred to in that second area and you can turn axis' on and off.
                      sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

You double it because your callout is asking for a diameter tolerance zone of .0157 it's rare but you do see some b/p's that ask for radius t/p and that you would not double .
                        "tp | diam .0157 | A | B"
                        -Brian

'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.' - Mark Twain

Comment

My interpretation was that the center point of the circle must lie within a diameter of .0157 the radius of which would be .00785. If you trig out the actual location of the center point of the feature the center point location is off .015748 which would be out of tolerance by .007898. PC-DMIS is reporting it out by .0123. Obviously I am missing something.
                          Global Image 555
                          PH10M-TP200
                          PC-DMIS Cad ++
                          Win7 64 bit
                          V2014.1

Comment

Originally posted by rangerboat72 View Post
                            I had that same problem with the release version of 4.1...

Go to the Wilcox website and do not pass go. LOL J/K...

Go to the Wilcox website and ftp the 4.1Beta version. I have been using it this week and it has solved all of my printing nightmares.
                            The beta version (english specific) zip file is password protected. Is this specific to the beta versions? I have never been asked for a password to extract the installation files before.
                            Global Image 555
                            PH10M-TP200
                            PC-DMIS Cad ++
                            Win7 64 bit
                            V2014.1

Comment

For printing problem, you have to install V4.1B, just like Ranger Rick said.

Why double? Because it is the standard that defines it that way. It is a diamtrical tolerance. If you do it once, you only have a radiatrical (is that a word??) tolerance, so when you double it, it becomes diametrical. Whoever put TP on the print, better know that too (and that is highly unlikely).

Jan.
                              PC-DMIS/NC 2010MR3; 15 December 2010; running on 18 machine tools.
                              Romer Infinite; PC-DMIS 2010 MR3; 15 December 2010.

Comment