Math Failed Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Math Failed Question

Hi everyone, I am new to this board and PD-DMIS. I need some help please. I have been using a PC-DMIS for several months. In the past I have routinely created a line from to constructed points, but now for some reason I get math failed: Combination of input features not supported. Have I shut some setting off??? I measured a part yesterday and could not construct the line, I re-measured the part today and could not construct the line, and then I measured a different part and still have the same problem. The program will let me construct a line between to hit points, but not constructed points.

What are the nominals of the points? Do they share a coordinate? If so you may be in the wrong workplane to do a 2D line.
    <internet bumper sticker goes here>

Comment

Welcome Durose. Creation of lines is very dependant on workplanes. If you need to create a line using the x and y coordinates then you need to be in the Z workplane.
      http://www.box.net/public/static/uz5zvfb5gi.jpg
      sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

I have two points using two circles and the same plane. I can not construct a 2D or a 3D line between them.

Comment

I am using the Zplus workplane but the problem still remains.

Comment

What are the coordinates of these points (nominal and actual)? Some code would be good. The only way I can see a 3D line failing is if they have the same coordinates.

Comment

If your probe orientation is A0,B0 then you will need to look at it in Y -or+ worlplane
              or X -or+ workplane and then construct the line. I hope this makes sense
              sigpic.....Its called golf because all the other 4 letter words were taken

Comment

Originally posted by bw_bob View Post
                If your probe orientation is A0,B0 then you will need to look at it in Y -or+ worlplane
                or X -or+ workplane and then construct the line. I hope this makes sense
                Only if he is using a horizontal, if it is a bridge, it would be Z, or maybe not even then, depending on HOW the axis are set up for his machine.
                sigpic
                Originally posted by AndersI
                I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Here are the coordinates Craiger

PNT5 =FEAT/POINT,RECT
                  THE0/0,0,20.9047,0,0,1
                  ACTL/-9.996,0.0736,0.0324,0,0,1
                  CONSTR/POINT,PROJ,CIR3,PLN2
                  PNT6 =FEAT/POINT,RECT
                  THE0/0,0,20.9047,0,0,1
                  ACTL/-10.3479,-47.4481,0.0324,0,0,1
                  CONSTR/POINT,PROJ,CIR4,PLN2

Comment

PLN2 is alignment level Z+

Comment

They have the same nominal location so PCDMIS can not make a line that nominally has no length therefore no vector. It does not know what direction the line should point in a generic sense.

What do you intend to do with this line? We might be able to help you achieve your goal but right now it is not doable with this line.

Craig

Comment

Your theo's for your x,y, z are exacrly the same. Hard to construct anything like that.
                        sigpic.....Its called golf because all the other 4 letter words were taken

Comment

Hi Matthew, actually the machine is a Roamer and I work with large welded assemblies which distort and twist due to weld. A lot of times I will due a temp alignment, measure the entire unit and then later try to construct an alignment which makes sense. Usually this approach works.

Comment

Originally posted by Durose View Post
                            Hi Matthew, actually the machine is a Roamer and I work with large welded assemblies which distort and twist due to weld. A lot of times I will due a temp alignment, measure the entire unit and then later try to construct an alignment which makes sense. Usually this approach works.
                            Ok let's start at the beginning, tell me what you do to align this part before measuring anything for reporting .
                            sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

Change the theos to what your actuals are, it'll work.

TK
                              sigpicHave a homebrew

Comment