Construct Plane from Freeform Scan = Meas math math failed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Construct Plane from Freeform Scan = Meas math math failed

I created a free form scan with 7 initial hits around a 2" x 5" pad. Over a thousand + hits should be taken when scanned using the sp25. When I try to construct a plane using just this one scan, I get an error " meas math failed, must have at least 3 points. I have a thousand points. I know it wants at least three individual points, but I have over a thousand hits inside this one scan. I can just answer yes to the command and it will construct the scan with just the one entry, is this OK. Any comments? Suggestions?
    sigpic

B&S ADVANTAGE 12-22-10, EXCEL 9-15-9, ETC.
    PCDMIS 4.1, 3.5mr2,

Well, a scan if left as a 1-entity unit IS really only '1 point', however, you CAN break the scan into individual points, then you can construct a set from those point to 'simulate' the scan for dimensioning porposes (I don't like dolphins!), but then you are back to touch-type hits instead of the continuouse scan. What it is doing when constructing the plane from the scan is really kind of a mystery, unless you do some testing to find out what it is actually doing.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment