Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC-DMIS 3.5 to 4.1 transitional problems

Hello everyone,
    has anyone problems with the transition from PC-DMIS 3.5 MR2 to 4.1 MR1?
    I an currently running PC-DMIS 3.5 MR2 and have recently installed the new PC-DMIS 4.1
    On some of my programs it seems to run ok, but on others it has the tendency to change or rotate measured elements, and on other programs it doesn’t run at all. These are programs that have run quite well under 3.5
    What’s the matter here? Is it possible that this was too big of a jump for PC-DMIS from 3.5 to 4.1?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Originally posted by Lepage View Post
    Hello everyone,
    has anyone problems with the transition from PC-DMIS 3.5 MR2 to 4.1 MR1?
    I an currently running PC-DMIS 3.5 MR2 and have recently installed the new PC-DMIS 4.1
    On some of my programs it seems to run ok, but on others it has the tendency to change or rotate measured elements, and on other programs it doesn’t run at all. These are programs that have run quite well under 3.5
    What’s the matter here? Is it possible that this was too big of a jump for PC-DMIS from 3.5 to 4.1?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks
    I would recommend waiting until 4.2 is released. You may want to upgrade to 3.7mr3 though. It's not near as different as the transition from 3.5mr2 to 4.1 and is much more stable then 3.5mr2.
    sigpic
    Xcel 15-20-10 - PFXcel 7-6-5 - Merlin 11-11-7 - Romer Absolute 7525SI
    PCDMIS 2012
    Windows Office XP

Comment

I have had the same problems. We were running version 3.7 MR3 and I recently installed version 4.1. I thought everyhting was okay. Silly me. Yeah I should know better.

I ran a couple of programs and they ran fine. But I have had a couple of them where I had manaul hits taken..... point (1) circle (3) circle (3) and when it got to the second circle it jumped back to the 1 point.

Isn't new software great !
      DEA MISTRAL
      PC DMIS CAD++
      Version 2013
      Windows 7 64bit
      DataPage+ 2011 MR1

Comment

Originally posted by mattfurtaw View Post
        I have had the same problems. We were running version 3.7 MR3 and I recently installed version 4.1. I thought everyhting was okay. Silly me. Yeah I should know better.

I ran a couple of programs and they ran fine. But I have had a couple of them where I had manaul hits taken..... point (1) circle (3) circle (3) and when it got to the second circle it jumped back to the 1 point.

Isn't new software great !
        This is just a GREAT example of why I will not migrate programs from one version to another. If I write it in V3.5MR3, then that is where I continue to run it. I will not migrate UP or DOWN levels with programs.
        sigpic
        Originally posted by AndersI
        I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman View Post
          This is just a GREAT example of why I will not migrate programs from one version to another. If I write it in V3.5MR3, then that is where I continue to run it. I will not migrate UP or DOWN levels with programs.
          I was waiting for that response, right on cue Matt!

TK
          sigpicHave a homebrew

Comment

An operator here ran a program on Friday in 3.7mr3 that had been created in 4.1 (before I realized how big of a nightmare 4.1 was) then saved back to 3.7. The program ran fine until it measured a couple of auto-slots. After it measured the slot it gave a mathematical error (I believe it was best fit algoritihm that could not be solved but I've put away way too much beer since Friday). The operator that was running the machine just hit okay. After running about four of the thirty parts we discovered that the length and width was measuring exactly the same for all four parts (how often does that happen)... As much as I hated to, I loaded 4.1 on that machine also and everything ran fine???
            sigpic
            Xcel 15-20-10 - PFXcel 7-6-5 - Merlin 11-11-7 - Romer Absolute 7525SI
            PCDMIS 2012
            Windows Office XP

Comment

manual hits in 4.0 and above are a little dangerous. they added a feature called any order execution. this is for manual machines and faro type arms. it allows you to take features in any order and it will figure out the rest. We ran into this as soon as we went to 4.0. It did not work well and crashed pcdmis constantly. Like we needed another non functioning feature! any way you can turn that off in the preferences by entering a 0 in the any order tolerance. we have had to do this for every!! program that we run on the faro arm.

mattfurtaw- this is what I think is causing your problem.
              Global FX 7-10-7
              Global Silver 7-10-7
              Microval PFX
              PC-DMIS 2012 mr1

Comment