Pc-dmis Will Not Open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pc-dmis Will Not Open

Major problem here. A few minutes ago i changed probes. I went back into pc-dmis & it gave me the error "cmm not responding"

I powered everything down & made sure cables were all tight. Now it gives me the "PCLRN ERROR WINDOWS MUST CLOSE"

Rebooted again & i'm getting the "cmm not responding"

I've taken the portlock off & tried to open & it recognizes the portlock is missing.

I've tried everything i can think off. Does anyone think the portlock has gone bad ???
    sigpic.....Its called golf because all the other 4 letter words were taken

Why are you shutting it off to change probes?
    I talk dirty to my cmm. Justn

Comment

Originally posted by justncredible View Post
      Why are you shutting it off to change probes?
      I'm not shutting it off. I said i was not in dmis when i changed probes. I then clicked on dmis & it would not open.

Comment

Its not the portlock. I pulled one off the other machine & got the same error CMM NOT RESPONDING

Comment

Take off the probe, shut off the controller for like 5 mins and reboot the whole system. Big gray box controller. Does not sound good. Good Luck........
          I talk dirty to my cmm. Justn

Comment

Also, look at the connections on the back of the Probe Head Controller and Probe Interface boxes. I had that problem and found there was a loose connection in the back.

Comment

Did ya get it fixed yet?

Turn it on. Does it sound normal? Are you sure everything is turned on? E-stop down?

You say you changed probes. Did you actually change the probe or were you swapping tp20 modules? Try putting the original probe back on and see if it works then.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck View Post
                Did ya get it fixed yet?

Turn it on. Does it sound normal? Are you sure everything is turned on? E-stop down?

You say you changed probes. Did you actually change the probe or were you swapping tp20 modules? Try putting the original probe back on and see if it works then.

No its still down. All i did was change probe sizes. I think the CMM thinks the PC is having an affair with the ph10mq and just not speaking to it. At least thats what i hope. Probably wrong. Tried everything i know all cable are tight & connected. Powered down everything several times & powered back up.

Got a call into tech support. sit & wait.

Comment

Are there lights on the front of your probe head controller box? Not the cmm controller but the probe head controller (PHC10-2 for me)?

Also, on mine there are fuses for the cmm controller and the probe head controller. To get to these you have to pull the power cord out of the controller. Then, the fuse holder will pull out. Check the one for the probe head controller if it doesn't seem to have power.

Comment

Those lights (even the power light) do not come on until you get a machine start so if he can not get a machine start they will not be on.
                    <internet bumper sticker goes here>

Comment

Originally posted by craiger_ny View Post
                      Those lights (even the power light) do not come on until you get a machine start so if he can not get a machine start they will not be on.
                      That is true. That is only because there is a relay which the probe head controller is plugged into. It is possible to bypass that.

Bob, are you getting a machine start?

Comment

I can get a machine start & all the little red light thingies are on & i can move the machine in all 3 directions. Usually when you power the controller down & up when you go into dmis it ask for machine start & then home. It just say cmm not responding.

Talked with tech support. Having IT guys check comm port that the portlock is in.

Will keep everyone advised.

Comment

I had this happen once. I think that the probe module was not making connection. The light on the probe was dimly lit but when I tried to run a program it would move briefly and then stop and the light would go all the way out and I'd get the communication error.
                          sigpic

Comment

So after a machine start it doesn't ask for a home but just kicks up the machine not responding error?

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck View Post
                              So after a machine start it doesn't ask for a home but just kicks up the machine not responding error?

Correctormundo...talking with tech support, sending me a file to see if we can get any communications

Comment