using a .cad file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• using a .cad file

To be more specific about my previous post, checkig a part that ; If you are checking a part that has been checked before, you open up the prg file (part no.) then don't need the .cad UG file since the prg. file already has the data, correct? (In other words, posts to program like a mastercam to a cnc file.) but Still need to do a manual and a DCC alignment? Confused about when I need to import the .cad file. Thanks

Originally posted by milul View Post
    To be more specific about my previous post, checkig a part that ; If you are checking a part that has been checked before, you open up the prg file (part no.) then don't need the .cad UG file since the prg. file already has the data, correct? (In other words, posts to program like a mastercam to a cnc file.) but Still need to do a manual and a DCC alignment?
    That is not correct. You must have the .cad file. It becomes associated with the .prg file. When you open the .prg file it looks for the .cad file and yes, you still need to do a manual and DCC alignment.

Originally posted by milul View Post
    Confused about when I need to import the .cad file.
    That is the first thing you need to do...
    sigpic
    Xcel 15-20-10 - PFXcel 7-6-5 - Merlin 11-11-7 - Romer Absolute 7525SI
    PCDMIS 2012
    Windows Office XP

Comment

You only need the *.CAD file to run the program again if you are INTERACTING with that model. Example: Doing scanning with FINDNOMS. Then it is needed. (Or anything with FINDNOMS)

If you are not doing this sort of thing then all the model truly is just a pretty picture. Some people delete the *.CAD files since they take up precious room on their hard drive. I personally like to leave the model since the overlap of the measured data with the nominal is nice to help pinpoint problems.

Comment