Going from manual to DCC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going from manual to DCC

I had the Hexagon basic class a long while back but have been using a manual machine. Now will be using a DCC 3.5 or 3.7 and networked UG cad, mostly as an operator at first I think. Can anyone help clear up the basic steps to run a program, i.e. open file (part no.) select probe, do part alignment,then import the cad,and do another alignment, then cad+part. DCC mode, put cursor at first line and EXECUTE. Do I have to import the cad every tine I run the prog. or just the first time? Does the cad just interface each time, or become part of the program file ? Same with clearance planes, etc. isn't that a permanent part of the program after the first time? Can anyone help clear me up? thanks.

HOLY COW!

Well, some quick answers, the CAD does NOT need to be imported everytime and NO it is not 'part' of the program, it is a .CAD file while the program is a .PRG file, both with the same prefix name.

Import the can is the SECOND thing you should do, after selecting a probe to use, BEFORE you measure anything.

The second alignment should be done in DCC mode.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

You would import your cad before takeing any hits.. You only have to import it once. You would do your manual alignment then your dcc and cad=part if all looks good. as far as your alinment and the cad file
      sigpic
      if you had soap on a rope it would be tied to yer ankle

Comment