Can I turn off Feature Control Frames in Graphics Display Window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I turn off Feature Control Frames in Graphics Display Window

When I open up a program, I can see the point appear in the graphics diplay window. That includes the ID labels. But also the feature control frames.

How can I prevent the feature control frames from popping up? I have hundreds of them and they taek forever to redraw.

I can turn them off by right clicking and "Hide ID". But when I re-open the program, they are right back a again. I found how I can turn the Feature label ID's permanently off. But that does NOT turn the FCF's off.

Thanks, Jan.
    PC-DMIS/NC 2010MR3; 15 December 2010; running on 18 machine tools.
    Romer Infinite; PC-DMIS 2010 MR3; 15 December 2010.

Yes you can. Go to "Insert" - "Dimension" - "Use Legacy Dimensions" That should do it. You'll have to redimension the features though. Keep the Legacy Dimensions thing checked and you'll be over those problems.

Mike

Comment

I believe there is a better way but the method escapes me.....If I remember correctly its in the graphics area.....James Mannes has that knowledge I believe
      sigpiccall me "Plum Crazy"....but you only go around once!

Comment

Sorry I didn't see this not answered. Yes, you can go through your TP callout and turn off the graphic representation of it via a check box (I think). Anyways you are probably wondering how to that for a lot of TP's huh? Well, there is a menu choice called REPLACE, via this option you can find/replace many things. But, to use this on stuff you have to first be to see it on the edit screen. What I mean is, if you have showallparams set to "no" then you have to change them all to "yes". Do this also via the replace option by typing in "showallparams = yes" with "showallparams = no". Get it? I hope so because I'm running out a PPAP part right now and won't be able to get the exact verbage for you until tomorrow. Hope that helps.
        sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

Jan,
          Sorry for the mis-direction. The correct thing to do is open each TP and uncheck the check box for "leader lines". I know this will be a pain in the keester but what are we gonna do? Sorry again for the confusion.
          sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

Originally posted by JamesMannes View Post
            Jan,
            Sorry for the mis-direction. The correct thing to do is open each TP and uncheck the check box for "leader lines". I know this will be a pain in the keester but what are we gonna do? Sorry again for the confusion.
            Uhmm, almost....

Almost thought I had it there. But it does NOT erase them from the view. It just moves them to the X,Y,Z 0,0,0 location. They are still there, only all on top of each other.

That is a lot better! But not quite what I had in mind.....

Jan.
            Last edited by Jan d.; 02-01-2007, 02:50 PM.
            PC-DMIS/NC 2010MR3; 15 December 2010; running on 18 machine tools.
            Romer Infinite; PC-DMIS 2010 MR3; 15 December 2010.

Comment