Password for Version 4.1Beta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Password for Version 4.1Beta

This is a first. I downloaded version 4.1Beta and when I double-click the setup.exe icon I get prompted for a password. Anyone have any clue what to use for a password?

sigpic
    Xcel 15-20-10 - PFXcel 7-6-5 - Merlin 11-11-7 - Romer Absolute 7525SI
    PCDMIS 2012
    Windows Office XP

Try PCDTEST, it probably won't work. I was handing out the password like Kool-aid at a party in Guyana. So I think they changed it or the way they distribute the betas.
    sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

"IDIOTS" maybe or "CRASH" or "SMA"?

Maybe "4-HEAD" is the password? Oops! NO MATH SYMBOLS, please, "4HEAD" maybe?
      sigpic
      Originally posted by AndersI
      I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman View Post
        "IDIOTS" maybe or "CRASH" or "SMA"?

Maybe "4-HEAD" is the password? Oops! NO MATH SYMBOLS, please, "4HEAD" maybe?
        IDIOTS & CRASH were the first two I tried LOL...

I hope that doesn't mean we are starting to think alike Matt...
        sigpic
        PCDMIS 2012
        Windows Office XP

Comment

Originally posted by JamesMannes View Post
          Try PCDTEST, it probably won't work. I was handing out the password like Kool-aid at a party in Guyana. So I think they changed it or the way they distribute the betas.

I think PCDTEST worked but I'm still waiting...
          sigpic
          PCDMIS 2012
          Windows Office XP

Comment

Originally posted by JamesMannes View Post
            IT WORKED ! Thanks James...
            sigpic
            PCDMIS 2012
            Windows Office XP

Comment

If I was given the password, does that mean I'm going to end up like those folks who drank the kool-aid?

Is Brown and Sharpe going to hunt me down like Rosie O'Donnell on a tray full of brownies??

Now I'm scared......

Comment

Hi I'm new to the forum. I have been using tutor for windows on an LK machine which was upgraded by B & S about 2000.
                I'm currently looking to change jobs and have fouond a lot wanting PC-DMIS experience.

Can you tell me if I can download a version to run on PC at home for practice?

Tutor was able to run in simulation mode.

Thanks

Comment

Hi there,
                  Unfortunatley the answer is no. A simulation copy is not available.
                  sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

Not for free you can't. Probably not for less than $5,000 bare bones.
                    <internet bumper sticker goes here>

Comment

Originally posted by tomtheturner View Post
                      Hi I'm new to the forum. I have been using tutor for windows on an LK machine which was upgraded by B & S about 2000.
                      I'm currently looking to change jobs and have fouond a lot wanting PC-DMIS experience.

Can you tell me if I can download a version to run on PC at home for practice?

Tutor was able to run in simulation mode.

Thanks

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
                      HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

THAT WAS GOOD
                      sigpic.....Its called golf because all the other 4 letter words were taken

Comment

Ah thats a pity.

Would it be possible to install a version just to look round maybe view help files etc?
                        This job looks ideal for me and I want to try everything I can to give me an edge.

Thanks

Comment

The only way your gonna see the software is go to a demo. The only thing Hexagon understands is $$$$$$$$$$$.......Sorry
                          sigpic.....Its called golf because all the other 4 letter words were taken

Comment

You can access help files without a portlock yes. I don't know though how to go about installing them. Perhaps they can be taken directly from the install file. I can attest anyway that you don't need a portlock to veiw them but that is about the extent of it. I don't mean to get you down but I am not sure how much you'll get out of it. Probably not much. If you have CMM and CMM software experience I'd pursue it. You never know. Training for PCDMIS is plentiful and if you are a viable candidate for the job most organizations will invest at least a couple of days training in an individual.
                            <internet bumper sticker goes here>

Comment

Well thanks for now.

I will keep looking throught the forum and see what I can pick up.

Hopefully I will be back to pick your brains as a fully fledged PC-DMIS user some time this year.

Glad I gave you a chuckle and thanks for your time.

Tom

Comment