4.1 Memory Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4.1 Memory Issues

Hi, I'm using PCDMIS 4.1 and when switching from report to report + CAD my PC is experiencing a real slow down.
    I have 512MB of RAM installed and when I look at Task Manager I can see the amount of RAM being used by the pcdlrn.exe slowly climbing to the point I have only 3-6MB of Physical Memory available. It's taking 4-5 minutes for the report to be generated. After the report has been generated it is then taking a long time for the RAM to be released. Task Manager is showing the process has dropped back to only using around 50MB of memory but Physical Memory available is still showing only 20-30MB or available and that number increases very slowly. There is no other process in Task Manager taking more than 10MB of memory when I'm running PCDMIS.

I know the recommended RAM is 1GB when running PCDMIS 4.1 but should I be experiencing this much of a slowdown with only 512MB? Why does the RAM take a long time to be released after the report has been generated? Will moving to 1GB of RAM improve the time taken to generate the report?

Thanks in advance

Don't know the answer to your question but I'm running with...

WIN XP
    OPTIPLEX GX270
    PENTIUM 4 2.4 GHz
    2.0 G RAM
    2 80 G HARD DRIVES
    SONY DVD BURNER
    SONY CD-RW
    NVIDIA QUADRO FX4000 VIDEO CARD
    sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

I think there is an evil worm out there, sucking up memory from all pc dmis users. My memory requirements just exploded today, with PcDmis idle I use 33% of sytem mem.!!

WTF?!

SATAN
      sigpic

Comment

HEY CUMOFO, long time no see, where ya been hiding, man?
        sigpic
        Originally posted by AndersI
        I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by Cumofo View Post
          I think there is an evil worm out there, sucking up memory from all pc dmis users. My memory requirements just exploded today, with PcDmis idle I use 33% of sytem mem.!!

WTF?!

SATAN
          Tell me about it, I barely remember you. Man it is good to be back to normal. Great to have you back.

Craig
          <internet bumper sticker goes here>

Comment

Originally posted by Cumofo View Post

WTF?!

SATAN
            Are you a new user? If so please give us some more details as to your problem. I can't karnak this shiite you know?

Welcome back cuomofo(SATAN) good to here from you!!!
            sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

I think it is a Solidworks/Pc-Dmis conflict. Of course we all know the corporate response will be:

http://mud.mm-a1.yimg.com/image/1969802200
              "There are no known issues with Pc-Dmis and Soldiworks."

Btw:

is that
              http://www.pcdmisforum.com/image.php...ine=1169745837
              Charles James Manneson?

Tell me about it, I barely remember you. Man it is good to be back to normal. Great to have you back.

Craig

Welcome back cuomofo(SATAN) good to here from you!!!

I thought SATAN could use some rep.

http://mud.mm-a7.yimg.com/image/3845257497
              I love George!
              sigpic

Comment