Pcdmis V4.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pcdmis V4.2

Does anyone know when 4.2 is going to be released.
    I see some of you talk about it, but I do not yet see it on the Wilcox web site.

I am a PC-DMIS addict. I get my fix from a fella from WILCOX who lives in the next city over. I like to explore the new stuff (as long as it doesn't take too much time away from my regular stuff; sometimes it does). So, as far as 4.2 goes, I can't really say when it will be released as it is only in the "release candidate" format still. I found a bug the other day that needs to be fixed (I'm pretty sure this one will be fixed before release).
    sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

I really do hope it is soon. I rather like 4.1 but I am waiting for 4.2 to do a new switch.

The sooner the better....

Comment

So can anybody tell me about PCDMIS 4.1 ? I am currently running 3.7 MR3 and I am debating switching to the 4.1 for glitch purposes.

Matt Furtaw
        DEA MISTRAL
        PC DMIS CAD++
        Version 2013
        Windows 7 64bit
        DataPage+ 2011 MR1

Comment

Are you relatively new to PC-DMIS? If so, stay with 3.7mr3. That is actually a very good version of the software. I would not suggest getting yourself muddled up in something like 4.1 until you are familiar with 3.7mr3.
          sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

I have been using 3.7MR3 since it came out. Can't remember when that was.
            DEA MISTRAL
            PC DMIS CAD++
            Version 2013
            Windows 7 64bit
            DataPage+ 2011 MR1

Comment

Well then download 4.1 and start working with it. Too many things to try to explain what is different. Two main things that I can think of is/are, reporting is different (read the help file and/or the forum for that), and the scanning windows is/are a little different. Also when using sphere as a boundary instead of using 1 crossing you now have to instruct the scan to use 2 crossings.
              sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

Thanks !
                DEA MISTRAL
                PC DMIS CAD++
                Version 2013
                Windows 7 64bit
                DataPage+ 2011 MR1

Comment

If you are reletively new to PCDMIS I would stay with 3.73 for now.
                  Hexagon offers a two day class to go over the updates From 3.73 to 4.1 That in itself should suggest that there are a lot of differences.

The biggest problem I found was in trying to understand the reporting templetes. Part of that problem is due to the ready made templete that says it is text , it is not. This is not a problem if you don't use the text only method of reporting. The default file buried in the program files is a txt only file but in my case it was not a choice to pull up on the list of ready made templetes. You have to search to find it. It is named default.rpt
                  Tolerance challenged ... Living in the world of unseen lines.

This software isn't buggy its an infestation

Comment

Originally posted by Lee Johnson View Post
                    If you are reletively new to PCDMIS I would stay with 3.73 for now.
                    Hexagon offers a two day class to go over the updates From 3.73 to 4.1 That in itself should suggest that there are a lot of differences.

The biggest problem I found was in trying to understand the reporting templetes. Part of that problem is due to the ready made templete that says it is text , it is not. This is not a problem if you don't use the text only method of reporting. The default file buried in the program files is a txt only file but in my case it was not a choice to pull up on the list of ready made templetes. You have to search to find it. It is named default.rpt
                    Thank you Lee,
                    I was trying to figue out a way to use text only all the time for a particular program. That is the answer. Good citation.
                    sigpic

James Mannes

Comment