X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Measuring by picking features in graphics display windo

Am using v4.1. Somehow a setting has changed affecting how
    features are picked from the CAD model??? When trying to pick an auto
    circle just one click generates the circle. Use to be able to pick pts on the
    circle and they would show up as progressed around circumference and
    after 3 pts, the circle would complete. The points would actually show up
    on the graphics window and also update hits in the readout window. Now
    I can only get one to appear...... Frustrated.... Help... Has some setting changed and if so, how do I change it back???

I'm assuming you have surface mode & curve mode toggle switches in your toolbar. Curve mode is single & surface is multiple.
    sigpic.....Its called golf because all the other 4 letter words were taken

Comment

I am in surface mode

Comment

Is it a new cad file. Did they send wireframe & surface ????

Comment

We actually have 2 machines using 4.1 and I have verified that
          the other machine is doing the same thing in surface mode...
          Is there some kind of single click setting???

Comment

Yes, wire frame did come with the file...

Comment

Maybe I'm retarded but, when the file came in I changed view to make solid
              and can pick surfaces. Does this mean that both wire frame and surface data
              came with the file?? Help...

Comment

I'm using an older version of the demon. When i receive a cad file I get wireframe & surface files and then import them into dmis.

Comment

The file was iges and imported as such...

Comment

What build date of PC-DMIS 4.1 are you using? To find this out go to the "Help" pulldown menu and choose "About PC-DMIS". To the right of the pcdlrn.exe name you will see a date listed.

When you say, "Use to be able to pick pts on the circle and they would show up as progressed around circumference and after 3 pts, the circle would complete", do you mean in PC-DMIS 4.1? As of 4.1 the one click method is how auto-features are chosen. You can go into the SETTINGS EDITOR" and change this back to the multi-click method. Open up your SETTINGS EDITOR(from start menu go to the listing of your version 4.1 and you will see a SETTINGS EDITOR as a choice). Open the settings editor and click on "find", type in oneclick and do a find once you have found the appropriate line change the setting from 1 to 0 that will allow for multiple hits to used as your method of choosing auto-features.

The hits not showing up may be related to the depth setting for your auto-feature and/or the fact that you need to close all programs, completely shutdown computer and controller and then reboot. Don't know until either I get back to work or I can see a screeshot of your auto-feature window.
                    sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

If you don't like single click, you can turn it off. There is a setting in the "AutoFeatures" section... change "SingleClickCadSelectionDisabled" from 'false' to 'true'.

Comment

Originally posted by nkayWAI View Post
                        If you don't like single click, you can turn it off. There is a setting in the "AutoFeatures" section... change "SingleClickCadSelectionDisabled" from 'false' to 'true'.
                        I can not find that setting in V3.7 MR3 and sometimes, with ONLY surface, NO wire frame, it will pick a single-click circle (usually looks right) and it will sometime pick a round slot with a single click, and THAT has never looked right. Widht, length and angle all wrong, every time.
                        sigpic
                        Originally posted by AndersI
                        I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman View Post
                          I can not find that setting in V3.7 MR3 and sometimes, with ONLY surface, NO wire frame, it will pick a single-click circle (usually looks right) and it will sometime pick a round slot with a single click, and THAT has never looked right. Widht, length and angle all wrong, every time.
                          It is a 4.0+ setting Mathew.
                          sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

Originally posted by JamesMannes View Post
                            It is a 4.0+ setting Mathew.
                            So, WHY does V3.7 MR3 do this randomly (and incorrectly, I might add). When I get a slot that Pcdmis insists on selecting with a single click, I have to pull the surface data into a cad package, create the slot on the surfaec in wire frame, then pull in the wire frame and use it to get the correct slot. THAT SUCKS!
                            sigpic
                            Originally posted by AndersI
                            I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment