Trying to import a Step file.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to import a Step file.

I'm using v4.1 or 3.7MR3. anyway PCDMIS hangs when I try to import this step file and the size is about 76MB on disk.

Tried updating my video card driver, created a new blank program to import the CAD into also.

Also tried changing the tessellation number before importing too.

The step file got puked out of Catia V5 release 14.

Anyone got any ideas?

Also I got an IGES file from design also, it imported but the quality was less then world class, lots of extra garbage here and there and missing surfaces as well. The model edges dont look like they are stitched together either.

My step file does open up in a trial version of TransMagic and looks perfect on the screen, but I cant save anything in a trial version.
    Mr. Comment
    SCIROCCO-NT 13-20-10
    B3C-LC Controller (Leitz Protocol), SP600M, TP200
    PCDMIS CAD++ v4.3 MR1(Build: 12/11/08)
    sigpic

How long do you wait?
    Maybe you are just impatient. A few times I have rebooted my machine only to find out that if I waited long enough the import happens.
    Lately, it occurs to me
    What a long, strange trip it's been.

2017 R1 (Offline programming)

Comment

stp

maybe a silly thing but is the file extention .stp if not change it to .stp

Comment

Ive waited over 30mins before. Hoping and praying, but when the CPU usage drops to 0% and the task manager states that PCDMIS is not responding, I decide to give up.

Tech support did figure out a method for it, but I havent heard how they got it to translate yet. I just got the finished product.

Also on a side note: I figured out if I use the "IGES alternate" that my other IGES files came in 99% better. At least close enough I could work with it.

Also the file extension is .stp already.
        Mr. Comment
        SCIROCCO-NT 13-20-10
        B3C-LC Controller (Leitz Protocol), SP600M, TP200
        PCDMIS CAD++ v4.3 MR1(Build: 12/11/08)
        sigpic

Comment

Some Step files just don't seem to work (occasionally). I have a full copy of Transmagic and it works wonders on thses big step files. 76 meg is a huge step file, thats for sure. I let one translate all night once, still nothing in the morning. If that happens again, contact me, I can offer some assistance.
          Jim Jewell

Comment

If the Igs file is ok but just has some extra stuff on it you can delete cad features, setup planes and lines you don't want
            Tolerance challenged ... Living in the world of unseen lines.

This software isn't buggy its an infestation

Comment