Laser Scanners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laser Scanners

Any of you folks use laser scanners on your machines?

We had some people in to deliver a pitch for a Metris LC50 optical probe.

Any of you know how this thing works in the real world?

You can contact me at:

Hilton Roberts
    480-891-7263
    or
    [email protected]

Any insight you have will be appreciated.
    Hilton Roberts

"Carpe Cerveza"

lc 50

hilton,

We have 2 of our B&S machines fitted for LC50's...There are limitations, but overall, I love them. Please feel free to contact me with any questions. I will PM you the email address to get in touch with me.

Tim
    sigpic
    "You cant vote 'present' as the President of the United States"

Comment

Originally posted by Hilton Roberts View Post
      Any of you folks use laser scanners on your machines?

We had some people in to deliver a pitch for a Metris LC50 optical probe.

Any of you know how this thing works in the real world?

You can contact me at:

Hilton Roberts
      480-891-7263
      or
      [email protected]

Any insight you have will be appreciated.
      They have issues with high reflectivity material, high angles, correlation with contact probe. I think they are good with reverse engineering and shapes. Prismatic parts? - forget it. Surface features only.
      Links to my utilities for PCDMIS

Comment

They have issues with high reflectivity material, high angles, correlation with contact probe. I think they are good with reverse engineering and shapes. Prismatic parts? - forget it. Surface features only.
        [COLOR="Black"]1. high reflectivity material - yes, but using a bit of magnuflux developer works well.

2. high angles - if it is hard to visually see without rotating the part..it will be difficult to scan.

3.correlation with contact probe - not so if the part is properly aligned, I see diffrences of about .001" when part is aligned to the model correctly.

4. Let me say that I would not use it for checking hole/ slot locations.

We use the laser to inspect molding surfaces on die components as well as inspecting the castings that come off of them. Most of the castings that we inspect have a profile tolerance of around .03in, on all undefined surfaces on the print....Great tool!!!!
        sigpic
        "You cant vote 'present' as the President of the United States"

Comment

Working...
        X