Errors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Errors?

Hi guys......I've just came to pcdmis from geomeasure so I'm just getting the hang of pcdmis. I'm running a Brown and Sharpe Global, pcdmis version 4.1. I seem to be getting a lot of pcdlrn and runtime errors which force me to shut down. Is there a fix out there for this?
    sigpic

Brown & Sharpe Global
    PC-DMIS v4.1

Beer.

But seriously, PC-DMIS can give you a lot of these errors depending on version, computer hardware, other software running, etc.

I never, ever have anything running at the same time as PC-DMIS other than internet explorer, windows explorer, or the calculator.

I think I got lucky with my computer hardware. yeah, ha-ha

I don't think 4.1 is reported to be too unstable, I run 3.7mr3.

Anybody else got any suggestions?
    Last edited by #2#; 01-24-2007, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Is there anything specfic that you were doing when it crashed??? Is probe properly defined?? are you scanning???
      sigpic
      "You cant vote 'present' as the President of the United States"

Comment

Originally posted by Boomer View Post
        Is there anything specfic that you were doing when it crashed??? Is probe properly defined?? are you scanning???
        I've had it give me the PCDLRN error a few times while programming with a CAD model and then executing from cursor to make sure it takes a good hit. This time I was just executing a program and surfing the forums, when it started printing I flipped back over to PCDMIS and thats when the runtime error popped up.
        sigpic

Brown & Sharpe Global
        PC-DMIS v4.1

Comment

You haven't had the one where it whipes out all your programs? I had that one today. You ain't in the dumps until the day that occurs!!!!!!!

My advice: copy your programs to a secure location DAILY. If one of those PCDLRN beasts starts to roar, that is the ONLY way to get something back!!!!

Jan.
          PC-DMIS/NC 2010MR3; 15 December 2010; running on 18 machine tools.
          Romer Infinite; PC-DMIS 2010 MR3; 15 December 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe_Hunt View Post
            I've had it give me the PCDLRN error a few times while programming with a CAD model and then executing from cursor to make sure it takes a good hit. This time I was just executing a program and surfing the forums, when it started printing I flipped back over to PCDMIS and thats when the runtime error popped up.
            Do you have a USB dongle or a parallel port dongle? Do you have a USB printer or a parallel port printer?

I had a lot of trouble with mine when I was using a parallel port dongle and parallel port printer coming out of the same port. When I switched to a USB printer (still have the parallel port dongle) a lot of my problems got magically solved.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck View Post
              Do you have a USB dongle or a parallel port dongle? Do you have a USB printer or a parallel port printer?

I had a lot of trouble with mine when I was using a parallel port dongle and parallel port printer coming out of the same port. When I switched to a USB printer (still have the parallel port dongle) a lot of my problems got magically solved.
              I have a USB dongle and a parallel port printer. I havent had it wipe out programs yet........but I cant open the program I was working on the last time it happened.
              sigpic

Brown & Sharpe Global
              PC-DMIS v4.1

Comment

Originally posted by Jan d. View Post
                You haven't had the one where it whipes out all your programs? I had that one today. You ain't in the dumps until the day that occurs!!!!!!!

My advice: copy your programs to a secure location DAILY. If one of those PCDLRN beasts starts to roar, that is the ONLY way to get something back!!!!

Jan.
                What ? I've never heard of that one. That's pretty scary... Did you find out what caused that?
                sigpic
                Xcel 15-20-10 - PFXcel 7-6-5 - Merlin 11-11-7 - Romer Absolute 7525SI
                PCDMIS 2012
                Windows Office XP

Comment

No, still happens. Had it yesterday. You get this serialization error. There is no recovery from that, other then start from scratch. I had 3 porgrams open. All 3 were toast.

It was bad, before I installed the hotfix. After that, it happens very infrequently. But it clearly still does....

Jan.
                  PC-DMIS/NC 2010MR3; 15 December 2010; running on 18 machine tools.
                  Romer Infinite; PC-DMIS 2010 MR3; 15 December 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe_Hunt View Post
                    I have a USB dongle and a parallel port printer. I havent had it wipe out programs yet........but I cant open the program I was working on the last time it happened.
                    Originally posted by Jan d. View Post
                    No, still happens. Had it yesterday. You get this serialization error. There is no recovery from that, other then start from scratch. I had 3 porgrams open. All 3 were toast.

It was bad, before I installed the hotfix. After that, it happens very infrequently. But it clearly still does....

Jan.

Ah ha! The hotfix for windows XP service pack 2. Joe, do you have windows XP sp2 and do you have the hotfix installed? I don't think it did that much for me but I would install it anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck View Post
                      Ah ha! The hotfix for windows XP service pack 2. Joe, do you have windows XP sp2 and do you have the hotfix installed? I don't think it did that much for me but I would install it anyway.
                      Ya I have XP sp2.......but haven't installed the hotfix..........anyone have a link to it? Thanks
                      sigpic

Brown & Sharpe Global
                      PC-DMIS v4.1

Comment

Here is the hotfix info.

Let us know if that helps.

Comment