Caiis?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Caiis?

    Hello Folks.

    There is an article in "Quality Magazine" that I believe some of you may have discussed some time ago.

    It appears to be some sort of software that can be used to "create programs" with minimal cmm programming. The article was written by Ken Woodbine, of hexagon metrology. He refers to the software as "CAIIS", computer aided intelligent inspection system.

    I was wondering if any of you have heard more about it through the grape vine? Is this something that we will need to be concerned about in the near future?


    Regards,
    ZydecoPete
    sigpic

  • #2
    There has been talk about this sort of thing, and it is something that B&S claims to have (or will have) for Pcdmis. Trust me, it will be MORE of a pain in the rump than it is worth. You've all seen the prints you get from the engineers, well, the 'imbedded' GD&T, etc. in those prints is what it will use to make a program. So, you tell me, will it be worth a crap or not?

    First of all, the engineers will need to be taught proper GD&T (will never happen), they will also need to be taught proper inspection processes (never happen) and they will be require to pull their heads out of their collective rumps (also will never happen).
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

    Comment


    • #3
      Matthew,

      Thanks for your input. I'm sure we'll hear from a few others as well.

      We can't even get sister plants to fix prints properly. For example, I recently had a print that had two distance dimensions, that did not coincide with the cad. They are now going to amend the print to what I found on their own cad file.

      Regards,
      ZydecoPete
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        I think it is a long ways off. By the time I need to start worrying about it there will be a manhunt out for me in Montana's foothills shortly after the big explosion and my manifesto being printed on the front page of all of America's top selling newspapers. Or something like that. At any rate it is a long ways out and I have a lot to do between now and then. Plus the bugs when it is introduced might be enough to push any one of us into the same fit of rage, just stay out of Montana I already called it.
        <internet bumper sticker goes here>

        Comment


        • #5
          It just sounds like another huge unnecessary waste of $$$ to me, for all of the reasons Matt described earlier. Furthermore just think of all the resources that B&S is wasting on that when they could be doing something beneficial like fixing all the bugs in their current software...(never going happen)

          Whats that saying? If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is? Or something like that.
          Mr. Comment
          SCIROCCO-NT 13-20-10
          B3C-LC Controller (Leitz Protocol), SP600M, TP200
          PCDMIS CAD++ v4.3 MR1(Build: 12/11/08)
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #6
            But you have to admit it sounds good on paper
            sigpic
            if you had soap on a rope it would be tied to yer ankle

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by craiger_ny View Post
              I think it is a long ways off. By the time I need to start worrying about it there will be a manhunt out for me in Montana's foothills shortly after the big explosion and my manifesto being printed on the front page of all of America's top selling newspapers. Or something like that. At any rate it is a long ways out and I have a lot to do between now and then. Plus the bugs when it is introduced might be enough to push any one of us into the same fit of rage, just stay out of Montana I already called it.

              You couldn't go to Nebraska or someplace were no one wants to visit. I'd like to see Montana one day. I have been the the black hills in North Dakota. Beautiful country. Can drive for 100 miles & not see another car sometimes.
              sigpic.....Its called golf because all the other 4 letter words were taken

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by T Miller View Post
                But you have to admit it sounds good on paper
                So does marriage, but we know how that turns out.
                sigpic
                Originally posted by AndersI
                I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by bw_bob View Post
                  You couldn't go to Nebraska or someplace were no one wants to visit. I'd like to see Montana one day. I have been the the black hills in South Dakota. Beautiful country. Can drive for 100 miles & not see another car sometimes.
                  Did you know North Dakota is the geographical center of the North American continent?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman View Post
                    So does marriage, but we know how that turns out.
                    So we all have time then.. It took 20 years to get to a point where we have no bugs left so the last 14 were great
                    sigpic
                    if you had soap on a rope it would be tied to yer ankle

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Goodluck View Post
                      Did you know North Dakota is the geographical center of the North American continent?
                      Man someone in North Dakota had to dig pretty deep to find that out. I can't imagine what a tourist boom they must be having since unleashing that little tidbit of intellectual wealth on the world. Actually wouldn't the geographical center be a singularity in North Dakota? I bet they have a sign at that spot. Surrounded by casinos, posh resorts, amusement parks, and brothels I'm sure.
                      <internet bumper sticker goes here>

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by craiger_ny View Post
                        Man someone in North Dakota had to dig pretty deep to find that out. I can't imagine what a tourist boom they must be having since unleashing that little tidbit of intellectual wealth on the world. Actually wouldn't the geographical center be a singularity in North Dakota? I bet they have a sign at that spot. Surrounded by casinos, posh resorts, amusement parks, and brothels I'm sure.
                        Since any spot in North Dakota looks pretty much the same as any other spot in North Dakota, I don't think the exact spot is all that critical. It would be more likely that the spot would be surrounded by wheat, snow and maybe a missile silo.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by craiger_ny View Post
                          I think it is a long ways off. By the time I need to start worrying about it there will be a manhunt out for me in Montana's foothills shortly after the big explosion and my manifesto being printed on the front page of all of America's top selling newspapers. Or something like that. At any rate it is a long ways out and I have a lot to do between now and then. Plus the bugs when it is introduced might be enough to push any one of us into the same fit of rage, just stay out of Montana I already called it.
                          They've been talking about this Caiis for several years and all I ever hear is more talk.

                          Craig,

                          I have a birth rite to Montana. I was born and raised there so stay outta MY foot hills. My family still owns and operates a cow ranch back there. I love getting back to visit, but there isn't anything even remotely interesting to do as far as a challenging career goes.

                          Bill

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Anyone know if the center point includes Hawaii and Alaska? How about Puerto Rico or America Samoa? Does it also adjust for the bias in area of each state landmass or does it also include the area in the sea that is also considered part of our sovereignty? :-)
                            Mr. Comment
                            SCIROCCO-NT 13-20-10
                            B3C-LC Controller (Leitz Protocol), SP600M, TP200
                            PCDMIS CAD++ v4.3 MR1(Build: 12/11/08)
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by craiger_ny View Post
                              I think it is a long ways off. By the time I need to start worrying about it there will be a manhunt out for me in Montana's foothills shortly after the big explosion and my manifesto being printed on the front page of all of America's top selling newspapers. Or something like that. At any rate it is a long ways out and I have a lot to do between now and then. Plus the bugs when it is introduced might be enough to push any one of us into the same fit of rage, just stay out of Montana I already called it.
                              Craig,
                              Keep in touch when this happens. Lets start developing our communication code now. I'll sneak beer and brewing ingredients into the hills when needed. As long as you keep brewing.
                              John
                              When in doubt, post code. A second set of eyes might see something you missed.
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Related Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X