Construct projected circle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Construct projected circle

1) I have a plane that is parallel to "Z" axis. I call this my "Top plane".

2) In the center of this plane is a 2" diameter which I measure and translate my "X" and "Y" origin. I call this Alignment-1

3) Slightly off center of the 2" dia is a .250 dia hole at 15 degrees. The projected hole should be on common centerline to the 2" diameter as it passes through my "Top plane".

4) I rotate my alignment 15 degrees, measure the .250 hole with my probe at 14, 0.

5) I CONSTRUCT, CIRCLE, PROJECT by choosing my .250 first, then my "Top plane".

6) I then recall Alignment-1 and expect to see my Projected .250 circle at center of my 2" diameter. HOWEVER, the circle is not projected by 15 degree therefore showing off centerline.

Please tell me how I may force the Constructed Circle to project at 15 degree nominal so it will report on centerline. It is projecting perpendicular to my measured plane even though I have my alignment on 15 degree.

Thank you in advance.
    Last edited by Big Red; 01-23-2007, 06:42 PM.
    Your life is happening, Participate!

at 15 degrees to which plane, which plane are you rotating?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Red View Post
      Please tell me how I may force the Constructed Circle to project at 15 degree nominal so it will report on centerline. It is projecting perpendicular to my measured plane even though I have my alignment on 15 degree.

Thank you in advance.
      Red,

That's the way the project function works, it projects the 1st feature along the perpendicular vector of the 2nd. To project at 15 degrees, create a plane at 15 degrees and project to that one.

It's not just a job .....

TK
      sigpicHave a homebrew

Comment

If I understand correctly, you have a hole that is set at an angle of 15ยบ to the other hole. You want to construct something to see that the holes intersect the plane at the same point? I would measure the plane then measure the holes as cylinders. Construct two points at the intersections of the cylinders and the plane.

Comment