Re-measuring CIRcle in new Alignment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-measuring CIRcle in new Alignment

I'm beegener with PC-DMIS and I've problem with simple alignment.
    Inside the PRG, in manual mode I've measured 3 feature: PLN1, CIR1, CIR2
    after I've created constructed feature LIN1 thru
    center CIR1 and CIR2. After that I create alignment A1
    (PLN1=3D, LIN1=2D rot, CIR1= X,Y origin)
    Then CMM going to DCC mode and I re-measured 2 circle
    (CIR3 = Cir1 & CIR4=Cir2), create LIN2 (Cir3 -> Cir4)
    and call new A2 alignment (Lin2= 2D rot). After I
    again remeasured the SAME two circles (Cir6=Cir3=Cir1
    Xtheo=0, Ytheo=0) and (Cir7=Cir4=Cir2 Xtheo=0 Ytheo= -1000) But ... measured X-coord. of Cir7 NOT EQ Zero !!! Why?
    I'm really not understand what I'm doing wrong.
    Attached Files

First of all, in your first alignment, I assume by "PLN1=3D" that you leveled pln1 to z-plus and transfered the z-axis to pln1.

Second, for cir4 I see you took 8 hits I assume cir3 was also 8 hits (your screen capture doesn't show cir3). Now, cir6 and cir7 are both only 6 hits. Why did you take fewer hits for these?

Also, did you run the whole program through from the beginning to get the actual value of .0564 or was it only a partial run?

BTW welcome to the forum.

Comment

I would not construct the line, just rotate the circles.
      I talk dirty to my cmm. Justn

Comment

why has your Z depth changed? If you are checking an alignment you should try to make sure you are measuring at the same depth for both circles. The screen capture doesn't indicate how deep circle 8 is. Try to use the same No. of hits too.

Comment

Why are your circles at different Z positions? Also number of hits is different. Not sure if that's the answer but it will eliminate two possibilities

Comment

Sorry about that!!! Didnt realize I had already replied

Comment

Try to LEVEL the primary plane off from the start before measuring all circles...

Just my 0.02
              PC-DMIS CAD++ 3.7 from 4.2 MR1

Comment

Thanks for sugestions!
                1st, I run whole PRG,
                2. Z Level is different for the circles. (that is a assembly)
                3. Diameter od Cir2=Cir4=Cir7 is 3mm. 6 hits (I'm think) is enough.
                4. I make re-measuring with same number of hits on the same level.
                5. PC-DMIS make 2D rotations but not exactly thru center of Cir2. I'm understand small deviation (CMM acuracy) ...

Comment

Originally posted by Srdjan View Post
                  Thanks for sugestions!
                  1st, I run whole PRG,
                  2. Z Level is different for the circles. (that is a assembly)
                  3. Diameter od Cir2=Cir4=Cir7 is 3mm. 6 hits (I'm think) is enough.
                  4. I make re-measuring with same number of hits on the same level.
                  5. PC-DMIS make 2D rotations but not exactly thru center of Cir2. I'm understand small deviation (CMM acuracy) ...
                  about Item 2 - Huh? Does that mean you are measuring the circles at different depths in the holes? If that is the case, and your holes aren't perp. to the plane, your results would not be comparable.

Comment