Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing auto features?

I am running 4.1 mr2
    on my offline seat I have 17 auto features (pnt, lin, edgpnt, pln, cir, slots, notch, etc.)
    on my online seat I only have the basic 4 (pnt, lin, plane and cir.)
    does anyone know how to get all the auto features on my online seat.
    the reason I ask is that I programmed a part using the auto feature for a notch (offline).
    Tried to run it (online) and pc-dmis skips the notch feature in the program and goes on to the next line. (luckily a move point).
    any help on this would be great.

Unless your online is CAD++ (which is what your offline appears to be) then you are screwed. You will have to pay $$$ to upgrade the online to CAD++. If you SHOULD have CAD++, then you will have to talk to TECH SUPT and get new code keys to enter in your dingle.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

What version is your on line seat. Are you using the same portlock or 2 different ones. Auto features used to be part of certain packages but I was under the impression they are standard now. Perhaps I am wrong.

Craig
      <internet bumper sticker goes here>

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman View Post
        Unless your online is CAD++ (which is what your offline appears to be) then you are screwed. You will have to pay $$$ to upgrade the online to CAD++. If you SHOULD have CAD++, then you will have to talk to TECH SUPT and get new code keys to enter in your dingle.
        I have PCDMIS Pro on 2 machines (lesser version than Cad++) but I have auto features but I am not sure if I have the auto notch, I supose I could run and check for the guy. Perhaps some auto features are only Cad++? That is what I was thinking, kind of like when you got them all with curves and surfaces but only like 2 or 3 of them if you didn't have that package.

Comment

I just have the cad version 3.5 and I only get 3 features
          sigpic
          if you had soap on a rope it would be tied to yer ankle

Comment

OK I just checked PCDMIS Pro has a limited number of auto features.

Comment

Whats a dingle?
              RFS Means Really Fussy Stuff

When all you have is a hammer - everything looks like a nail....
              sigpic

Comment

Thanks guys;
                the answer is (drum roll please)
                show me the $$$$$.
                the company baught CAD4.1 for the online and CAD++ for my offline seat.
                auto notches will not run on CAD 4.1.
                can you say upgrade.

Comment

Originally posted by kbotta View Post
                  Whats a dingle?

Sounds like a dongle with a sexual identity crisis to me.

Bill

Comment

Originally posted by parrottk View Post
                    Thanks guys;
                    the answer is (drum roll please)
                    show me the $$$$$.
                    the company baught CAD4.1 for the online and CAD++ for my offline seat.
                    auto notches will not run on CAD 4.1.
                    can you say upgrade.
                    Here ya go.......

http://www.shagadelica.net/wp-conten...s/vaseline.jpg
                    sigpic.....Its called golf because all the other 4 letter words were taken

Comment

You can get them all with Pro, but you need the "Sheet Metal" cost option enabling on the portlock. This option is enabled automatically on all CAD++ versions.

Comment

Wow, well that blows. Sorry to hear about your situation.
                        Mr. Comment
                        SCIROCCO-NT 13-20-10
                        B3C-LC Controller (Leitz Protocol), SP600M, TP200
                        PCDMIS CAD++ v4.3 MR1(Build: 12/11/08)
                        sigpic

Comment

"Tried to run it (online) and pc-dmis skips the notch feature in the program and goes on to the next line. (luckily a move point)."
                          This sounds like a serious bug. Please file a report with B&S.

Comment

Originally posted by SABarber View Post
                            "Tried to run it (online) and pc-dmis skips the notch feature in the program and goes on to the next line. (luckily a move point)."
                            This sounds like a serious bug. Please file a report with B&S.
                            THIS IS NOT A BUG. It is a feature from a more 'advanced' (ie expensive) 'version' of Pcdmis. If your version does not support the more advanced feature types (ie YOU have not paid for it) then they will not run in your version. If you have not paid for notch-slot, your version will not run it, even if I can make them and run them and send you the program.
                            sigpic
                            Originally posted by AndersI
                            I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Somehow that just don't seem right. I can see having to pay to get the extra features for programming but not for running a part. We have the same thing here tho. Got one machine with cad++ and the others won't run some of the programs for that reason.
                              sigpic
                              if you had soap on a rope it would be tied to yer ankle

Comment