Guess you cant execute a Offline prg while a Online prg is running?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Guess you cant execute a Offline prg while a Online prg is running?

    Using v4.1, and this seems like a bug to me.

    Im running a very long and boring program on the CMM. So I figured I'd open up a new program to dork around with Offline. Well I wanted to execute my new app offline while the CMM was running, and a neat little thing happens.

    The offline app runs though apparently successfully, then PCDLRN.EXE encounters an unexpected error and shuts down.

    The online app though it crashes seems to be unaffected by this error, but the offline app becomes permenantly hosed, as in no more edit or graphics window or options of any type?

    Anyone know how to open these programs back up?

    Thanks
    Mr. Comment
    SCIROCCO-NT 13-20-10
    B3C-LC Controller (Leitz Protocol), SP600M, TP200
    PCDMIS CAD++ v4.3 MR1(Build: 12/11/08)
    sigpic

  • #2
    That is one of the biggest no-no's to do. That is not what "offline" in this case means. Is doesn't mean that you can program and run that program while another program is running. As far as the program hosed, I think you are hosed (with regards to the program not you yourself). You'll probably need to start over. When you start programming "offline" with another program open/running you end up using the alignment from the running program. Don't ask me how I know this, because I'll never tell (I've done it).
    sigpic

    James Mannes

    Comment


    • #3
      Is this because you try to "share" probe files or something along that line.
      Links to my utilities for PCDMIS

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by JamesMannes View Post
        When you start programming "offline" with another program open/running you end up using the alignment from the running program. Don't ask me how I know this, because I'll never tell (I've done it).
        Oh, NO! Too funny, James.

        TK
        sigpicHave a homebrew

        Comment


        • #5
          That is a big butt-biter, trying to use the same probe file in the background editor that the running program is using.
          sigpic
          Originally posted by AndersI
          I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by cmmguy View Post
            Is this because you try to "share" probe files or something along that line.
            I think that is a good place to start.
            sigpic

            James Mannes

            Comment


            • #7
              FUBAR warning message?

              Hum, well it obviously doesnt work. Not sure of the mechanics why, but I have a seperate location for each of my program's probe files. I wonder if it isnt also related to the "current directory" ?

              Interesting, seems like they should make PCDMIS just not be able to execute an offline program when an online program is currently running in the background, as its ultimately going to lock your offline program up beyond use.

              Yet another disappointment... sigh, maybe a warning message, something like.

              "Warning you are about to FUBAR this program, would you like to continue?"

              Good thing my offline program was just to keep my brain occupied on something else anyway.
              Mr. Comment
              SCIROCCO-NT 13-20-10
              B3C-LC Controller (Leitz Protocol), SP600M, TP200
              PCDMIS CAD++ v4.3 MR1(Build: 12/11/08)
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by MrComment View Post
                Hum, well it obviously doesnt work. Not sure of the mechanics why, but I have a seperate location for each of my program's probe files. I wonder if it isnt also related to the "current directory" ?

                Interesting, seems like they should make PCDMIS just not be able to execute an offline program when an online program is currently running in the background, as its ultimately going to lock your offline program up beyond use.

                Yet another disappointment... sigh, maybe a warning message, something like.

                "Warning you are about to FUBAR this program, would you like to continue?"

                Good thing my offline program was just to keep my brain occupied on something else anyway.
                BUT, what you are really using is BACKGROUND EDITOR, not offline. Since it is really a background editor, it is a good idea to limit yourself to editing, not executing, when using it.
                sigpic
                Originally posted by AndersI
                I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

                Comment


                • #9
                  This forum is for keeping your mind occupied while a program runs. Tsk-tsk-tsk-tsk trying to be productive what were you thinking?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by MrComment View Post
                    Yet another disappointment... sigh, maybe a warning message, something like.

                    "Warning you are about to FUBAR this program, would you like to continue?"
                    I can think of a lot of times when they should post that message....
                    Links to my utilities for PCDMIS

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by cmmguy View Post
                      I can think of a lot of times when they should post that message....
                      Yeah, like when you double-click on the shortcut to open PC-DMIS.

                      Comment

                      Related Topics

                      Collapse

                      Working...
                      X