WRIST ERROR/control problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WRIST ERROR/control problems

Lately I have been having problems with the z-axis of the CMM; whenever I push the enable button the z-axis will move in the -z direction without me telling it to. I am unsure of how to fix this or if it requires someone to come and do an analysis on the machine.

Also, this morning I was proceeding to calibrate a probe in three ways, a0b0,a90b-90, and a90b180. The Cmm was calibrating just fine until it reached a90b180, once it reached that specific angle the program gave me a wrist error, and required me to shut the program down- the error code is TR_FG014. Please do your best to help me solve this problem or find the root of it so it can be fixed.

What type machine?
    Which probe type?

Some machines will allow for adjustment of the z axis...
    I think PH9 will have a set screw you can adjust too...
    Last edited by JoeRZ; 01-23-2007, 10:15 AM.
    PC-DMIS CAD++ 3.7 from 4.2 MR1

Comment

global; ph10mq; tp-20

Comment

somethings you may have to explain further than normal, i just went to school for this and am just getting familiar with everything

Comment

Hello,
          On the joy stick unit, the Z portion of the joystick is natorious for the dropping situation. You can adjust the action a little, but I have found that the small unit is just as easily replaced. Once it goes bad, there really is no adjusting it. As for the error during calibration, you need to supply a little more information on the history and appearance of the wrist itself. It sounds as if it has been involved in a serious crash and the gears in the unit itself may be damaged in that one angle. My idea would be to stay away from the trouble angel and continue working. BUT DOCUMENT THE PROBLEM IN FULL. That is a $10,000 part. C-Y-A

VP A.Gore
          sigpicA.Gore

Comment

I'm not familiar with Globals and as for PH10MQ there's really not much you can do. The Z axis is drifting from your description and the probe knuckle sounds like has a seating problem - has it been crashed lately?

I'm sure someone here in the forum will be able to assist you...mean time I'll see if I can find something.

Comment

There is a set screw in the top of the joystick that is real touchy for the Z axis, if that don't fix the move, a replacement joystick is the answer.

How many crashes, the wrist error if your lucky will go away if you shut everything down, and restart. Might be a loose wire. might be the head.
              sigpic

B&S Global 544
              Using 3.7mr3

Peace
              Greg

Nothin left ta dew but :) :) :) !

Comment

What they say...about the drift -

Check the cables to your PH10MQ - something quick to look at... if not that then the probe head is probably going bad...

Comment

it has not crashed ,but recently we went through a power surge due to the weather up here; could this possibly be the reason: and I know (C-Y-A) i already told my quality manager about the situation and that i don't have the knowledge at this time to fix whatever it is; as far as the condition of the wrist , from using it and seeing how it has reacted in the past I see no problems with it until now; that and we recently had a problem with the y axis, the circuit board was burnt out and we replaced the tp-2 with the tp-20 model

Comment

Can you move it with the HCU?
                    <internet bumper sticker goes here>

Comment

HCU - please be more specific i am new to this !

Comment

i have already checked the cables and that doesn't seem to be an issue!

Comment

Hand Control Unit. It is the jog box thingy that you can manually adjust the PH10 probe angles with. You may or may not have one. It is about 6"x4" and has a digital readout of the current probe angle.
                          <internet bumper sticker goes here>

Comment

yes we have one, but until i just plugged it in we weren't using it

Comment

all its doing right now is beeping lol

Comment