Fly Mode Causes Double Hits on Small Holes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fly Mode Causes Double Hits on Small Holes

Nothing major, just an irritation. Running V4.0 on B&S Global Image 555. Whenever fly mode is on the machine sometimes will take double hits when inspecting small holes. Anyone else having this problem?

t.
    Global Image 555
    PH10M-TP200
    PC-DMIS Cad ++
    Win7 64 bit
    V2014.1

I have encountered this problem before also when measuring really small features using a 0.5mm diameter tip. I think it was the very small prehit / retract values I had to use and like you it irritated me, ended up moving the job onto a different machine and continuous scanning
    sigpic

Comment

Had the same problem on a Mistral. Try slowing the CMM when measuring the small holes, that worked for me.
      sigpic
      To the Brave and the Faithful nothing is impossible

Comment

This a known bug that started back in the 3.7 release. I had Tech support looking at this for quite sometime and they have never gotten back to me with a fix. I reported this to B&S at least a year ago if not longer.

Bill

Comment

You say your running 4.0. Everything ever said is 4.0 is crap. You might want to upgrade to a newer version. Might help ?????
          sigpic.....Its called golf because all the other 4 letter words were taken

Comment

3.7 same thing here. I don't believe it is fly mode as much as just a bug or something.
            <internet bumper sticker goes here>

Comment

I turn fly mode off for holes under .200 inch.Any thing over .200 should be ok.

Comment

Originally posted by bw_bob View Post
                You say your running 4.0. Everything ever said is 4.0 is crap. You might want to upgrade to a newer version. Might help ?????
                Actually 4.0 has been pretty reliable. TP is still pretty strange though - still a tough thing to trust. I have 4.1 also but it doesn't always print or save the PDF after running each part and that's a bug I couldn't live with. 3.5MR2 is probably still the most solid release but if you work a lot with auto features on CAD data you can appreciate the enhancements made on the newer releases. Anyway I'm getting off topic - sounds like the double hit thing is something I'm going to live with too. I am checking over 200 holes and I like having fly mode on for travelling in and out of each hole.

Thanks to all !!!

Cheers!

t.
                Global Image 555
                PH10M-TP200
                PC-DMIS Cad ++
                Win7 64 bit
                V2014.1

Comment

Originally posted by dtmtim View Post
                  Actually 4.0 has been pretty reliable. TP is still pretty strange though - still a tough thing to trust. I have 4.1 also but it doesn't always print or save the PDF after running each part and that's a bug I couldn't live with.
                  You are right on this one. V4.1 as originally released in August 2006, does NOT print automatically. This is a bug repaired in any newer version of V4.1 and V4.2.

Also, TP does never print IF you change your Report template. This too is a bug that hopefully will be addressed in V4.2.

I also used V4.0 for quite some time after V4.1 was out. But due to another bug in V4.0, I had to go to V4.1. It resolved many small issues, but also introduced a bunch of other ones, mostly in the reporting, specifically reporting of TP.

Anyway, I have been promised a lot of improvement in this area for V4.2. We'll see....

Jan.
                  PC-DMIS/NC 2010MR3; 15 December 2010; running on 18 machine tools.
                  Romer Infinite; PC-DMIS 2010 MR3; 15 December 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by Jan d. View Post
                    You are right on this one. V4.1 as originally released in August 2006, does NOT print automatically. This is a bug repaired in any newer version of V4.1 and V4.2.

Jan.
                    Jan,

That is valuable information... I'm going to go looking for a later release of 4.1 now. I've been struggling for months with the reporting issue and I am getting sick of having to manually print each report on every other part. Thank you!

Bob
                    sigpic
                    Xcel 15-20-10 - PFXcel 7-6-5 - Merlin 11-11-7 - Romer Absolute 7525SI
                    PCDMIS 2012
                    Windows Office XP

Comment

By the way...

Any idea when 4.2 is supposed to be released? I think I'm about ready for some more torture (hopefully my boss will be prepared for some more too). . . LOA
                      sigpic
                      PCDMIS 2012
                      Windows Office XP

Comment

Originally posted by Jan d. View Post

Also, TP does never print IF you change your Report template. This too is a bug that hopefully will be addressed in V4.2.

I also used V4.0 for quite some time after V4.1 was out. But due to another bug in V4.0, I had to go to V4.1. It resolved many small issues, but also introduced a bunch of other ones, mostly in the reporting, specifically reporting of TP.

Anyway, I have been promised a lot of improvement in this area for V4.2. We'll see....

Jan.
                        I just downloaded 4.1Beta and my reporting problems have finally been resolved. Thanks Jan!
                        sigpic
                        PCDMIS 2012
                        Windows Office XP

Comment