Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings All!

Greetings All!
    I'm a new member to the Forum, though I have been visiting the site for about 3 months. I am in awe of the expertise offered, (and much enjoy the highlighted humor as well)!
    My situation:
    Currently working with an older machine, B&S PFx 454, PC-DMIS 2.3073 - no CAD, PH8. The calibration tech from the outfit where we purchased the machine installed PC-DMIS 3.2063 - still no CAD - the last time he was here for cal. Problem is, I've been trying to copy programs from the old version to the new, (with little effort in the beginning other than re-establishing the probe files), but noticed this week that the probe calibration using 3.2 is no longer working correctly - it is reporting the qualified diameters for any probe I try to calibrate as a negative diameter or way off - not just 1/2 the probe size or anything semi-logical. Could the software be compromised, or has anyone dealt with issues like this when in "conversion mode"? Another indicator, (on the side of the computer, there is large handwritten lettering reading, "DO NOT UPGRADE OPERATING SYSTEM". Windows NT seems to work fine - but it does foreshadow some type of past problem.
    Our shop has seen a decrease in orders in the last year and a half, so my wish list of a new computer with 4.1 and CAD, and a wrist probe will most likely not be fulfilled in the forseeable future.
    Any suggestions - albeit a new job - will be greatly appreciated. I am tempted to just go back to 2.3 and suffer through, although there are some options in 3.2 which would be helpful to me, (pitch option for automatic circles for threads being one).
    Thanks in advance !!
    Sharon

Originally posted by sfair View Post
    - it is reporting the qualified diameters for any probe I try to calibrate as a negative diameter or way off - not just 1/2 the probe size or anything semi-logical.
    If it was working , and now stopped, check to make sure that the calibration tool diameter is correct. make sure the stylus is tight on the probe also.

If this fails, delete Tool.dat (calibration tool file) and the probe file as well (.prb extension_ and start over. Define the tool and the probe, calibrate again, see if it helps.

Comment

Thanks Don, that fixed the problem!

Comment

All hail the Don!!!

On a serious note, Don is very nice to offer a helping hand in the forum. Many times has he saved the buttt of a host of people(did that sound right?). Thanks again Don, have a good weekend!!!

sfair,
        Welcome aboard the forum. We are pleased to have more of the opposite *** on here. I think we scared many of them away so I hope you can handle the locker room humor (you did say you enjoyed our humor so I guess you'll do ok).
        sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

Welcome Sharon
          Glad to see after a few months you started to post
          sigpic
          if you had soap on a rope it would be tied to yer ankle

Comment

Welcome Sharon,

Keep logged into the forum and you'll gather all kinds of great info.

Regards,
            ZydecoPete
            sigpic

Comment

Welcome Sharon.

Speaking of females in this industry, whatever happened to that red hot devil girl from NZ on the other board?

Bill

Comment

Welcome Sharon

I apologize for not giving you an official welcome before.

Hey, I'll bet it even feels like a real user's group meeting. One woman shows up and all the guys can't wait to talk to her

Comment

Originally posted by Don Ruggieri View Post
                  I apologize for not giving you an official welcome before.

Hey, I'll bet it even feels like a real user's group meeting. One woman shows up and all the guys can't wait to talk to her
                  We resemble that remark! Welcome aboard Sharon!
                  When in doubt, post code. A second set of eyes might see something you missed.
                  sigpic

Comment

Welcome aboard the crazy train.

Sharon! Sharon!

http://www.ozzynet.com/images/1024x768.jpg
                    sigpicOn the Obama Express. Next stop, the soup line.

Comment

Thanks so much everyone for your warm (and crazy) welcome!

Comment

Originally posted by John Kingston View Post
                        We resemble that remark! Welcome aboard Sharon!
                        I was going to correct you thinking you meant resent but realized you probably meant resemble...

LOL . . .
                        sigpic
                        Xcel 15-20-10 - PFXcel 7-6-5 - Merlin 11-11-7 - Romer Absolute 7525SI
                        PCDMIS 2012
                        Windows Office XP

Comment