Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BUFFE DUMP ISSUES: MMiv-to PC-DMIS

Morning ALL!!
    Does anyone here know of any PC-DMIS solution to the 'BUFFER/DUMP' command in MMiv whaich allows for the recall of the points of a measured feature in order to use that feature in the construction of another feature in conjunction with the recall of other features to be used in that construction?

I know this can sound confusing from the way that it is written, but former MMiv user know of what I am speaking and for those of you who do not, please see the attached notepad file. The file is zipped.

Thanks,
    Ron
    Attached Files

I think you are looking for:

Code:
    CIRC5      =FEAT/CIRCLE,RECT,OUT,LEAST_SQR
                THEO/-0.95,-0.95,-0.0287,0.000092,-0.0000493,1,1
                ACTL/-0.95,-0.95,-0.0287,0.000092,-0.0000493,1,1
                CONSTR/CIRCLE,BFRE,LFT_TOP.HIT[1],NEAR_TOP.HIT[1],RT_TOP.HIT[1],FAR_TOP.HIT[1],
                OUTLIER_REMOVAL/OFF,3
                FILTER/OFF,UPR=0
    I may not understand your question though.

Craig
    Last edited by craiger_ny; 01-19-2007, 12:07 PM.
    <internet bumper sticker goes here>

Comment

You won't need to buffer dump or recall buffer with the demon, the points are available for retreival as Craigs example demonstrates. Spent several years on mm4 myself (nice stuff), the demon is better (at times).

Try it.

TK
      sigpicHave a homebrew

Comment

Gentlemen, thank you both very much for your input...As usual it was insightful and very very correct.

Ron

Comment

Originally posted by tking View Post
          You won't need to buffer dump or recall buffer with the demon, the points are available for retreival as Craigs example demonstrates. Spent several years on mm4 myself (nice stuff), the demon is better (at times).

Try it.

TK
          Yeah tking, I got started with MMiv and learned to be quite proficient with it. I am relatively new to da demon, but I am fast learning of its advantages...and, er...disadvantages...lol.

It sure is fun to be back doing what I LOVE!!!

Ron

Comment