Can't close or quit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't close or quit

I can get around this by re-booting, and it's only happened twice in the past year or so. I'm just curious as to whether anyone else has experienced it and would like to know if anyone has any ideas as to why it may happen. I saved the program I was working on in V3.7 MR2 (XP SP2). I tried to close, it would not, got no error, just remained open. I tried to quit, it would not. I hit X in upper right hand of window. It closed. This morning I come in, open PC D-MIS and it comes up fast with the file I had been working on yesterday, already open. I close and check the task manager to see if somehow PC D-MIS is running in the background, I find it is not. I open PC D-MIS again, it opens again with the file already loaded. I reboot the system. Problem solved.

Mine used to do this. It no longer does. I'm not sure if the hotfix for SP2 fixed it or downloading and installing MR3 fixed it. I would suggest doing both anyway.

If you open pc-dmis and the file opens itself, do a ctrl+alt+del. Then go to the task manager, highlight pc-dmis and choose "end task". That saves you the re-boot.
    Last edited by #2#; 01-19-2007, 09:20 AM.

Comment

I have had this too. I thought all my PC-DMIS processes were closed, but low and behold, one was still lurking. I do not know why. PC-DMIS sometimes spawnes a few sessions? No idea, but one is still out there, eventhough you thought all was closed.

Agree with Goodluck: kill them using taks manager. That's the quickest.

Jan.
      PC-DMIS/NC 2010MR3; 15 December 2010; running on 18 machine tools.
      Romer Infinite; PC-DMIS 2010 MR3; 15 December 2010.

Comment

I just had this happen yesterday. PCDMIS problems seem to happen around the same time collectively.

All part of the SMA conspiracy I tell ya!
        I used to be high on life but I built up a tolerance.

Brown & Sharpe Global Advantage
        PCDMIS CAD++ v2011mr2
        PH10MQ/SP600M

sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the replies.
          I have the XP SP2 hotfix installed,
          so I guess a move to MR3 might fix it.

Comment

I had it happen the other day ONE time only with 3.7 Mr3 so that's not the fix either.

Comment

Click on the print preview button - then close the print preview page - This seems to work for a few 'lockups' I've had.
              3.7 mr3

Comment

Originally posted by Underspec View Post
                I just had this happen yesterday. PCDMIS problems seem to happen around the same time collectively.

All part of the SMA conspiracy I tell ya!

Forgot to mention I also use 3.7MR3
                I used to be high on life but I built up a tolerance.

Brown & Sharpe Global Advantage
                PCDMIS CAD++ v2011mr2
                PH10MQ/SP600M

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Underspec View Post
                  Forgot to mention I also use 3.7MR3
                  Originally posted by Bill McCafferty View Post
                  I had it happen the other day ONE time only with 3.7 Mr3 so that's not the fix either.
                  Originally posted by Greg Haglin View Post
                  Click on the print preview button - then close the print preview page - This seems to work for a few 'lockups' I've had.
                  3.7 mr3
                  OK, so there is good evidence MR3 doesn't fix it. I'd still download MR3 and install it if I were you. It is much, much more stable than MR2.

Comment

I've been pushing going to 4.1, looks like we may be soon.

Somehow, I always thought this problem to be more of a windows problem.

Comment