X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike N.
    replied
    working now

thanks for the tip on deleting the lockmgr and vista files ......that was the issue all along

Leave a comment:

• Mike N.
    replied
    Sorry ....up until the 4.0 version was installed, then the datapage "link" send to stats no longer works

Leave a comment:

• SABarber
    replied
    I do not understand "just up 'till the link was broken and the errors started occuring"

Leave a comment:

• Mike N.
    replied
    Originally posted by SABarber
    I missed the line "The database is brand new and the path is correct in the comand line". Are you able to open/use the DB from within Datapage or the Editor? I'm assuming this path is the same one being used by V35?

Yes.... it will open in the proper manner using Datapage or the editor.....it is unlocked and will show all current data.....just up 'till the link was broken and the errors started occuring.

Leave a comment:

• SABarber
    replied
    I missed the line "The database is brand new and the path is correct in the comand line". Are you able to open/use the DB from within Datapage or the Editor? I'm assuming this path is the same one being used by V35?

Leave a comment:

• J Temmen
    replied
    Try going into the datapage database file and delete the LOCKMGR.DBL and VISTA.TAF files.

Leave a comment:

• Mike N.
    replied
    awesome direction

very good I was looking for this exact type of direction as how to test this possible version issue. I will not be able to do so 'till next week thursday. If you have any other possible tests please post them as well. This will be printed and taken to the site. Thanks again

Leave a comment:

• SABarber
    replied
    For a test you could copy the XSTATS11.TMP file generated by V40, put it in the V35 directory and double click (run) DPUPDATE.EXE from the V35 directory. If it works the file generated by V40 is correct and the area of concern would be the data update process, if it still fails the XSTATS11.TMP file should be sent to B&S to look at.

Leave a comment:

• SABarber
    replied
    These files are for the data transfer between pcdmis & datapage. There might be a difference between dpupdate.exe & dpupd32.dll but that should be OK.

Leave a comment:

• Mike N.
    replied
    Originally posted by SABarber
    Are you using the same computer, user login?
    Is there a file size/date difference between any of these between pcdmis versions:
    bds501f.dll
    bwcc32.dll
    cw3220.dll
    dpupd32.dll
    dpupdate.exe
    owl501f.dll
    RDM45W32.DLL

I'm not at that job location, however I will check those files when I go there again (part time job)

What would be the reason for looking at these files for differences? v3.5mr2 -vs- 4.0release

Leave a comment:

• SABarber
    replied
    Are you using the same computer, user login?
    Is there a file size/date difference between any of these between pcdmis versions:
    bds501f.dll
    bwcc32.dll
    cw3220.dll
    dpupd32.dll
    dpupdate.exe
    owl501f.dll
    RDM45W32.DLL

Leave a comment:

• Mike N.
    replied
    back on topic....Update to trouble using 4.0 and DP

The size of the xstats11.tmp WAS larger than Zero (when opened with wordpad it contained the results of all the last runs)....so I deleted it and crossed fingers and executed the program ......upon completion the program reported the same error as before...."unable to write to database"......when that error was canceled another popped up....."unable to lock database"......???

When this same program was saved back to 3.5 and executed there with same database and path all ran well without error......xstats11.tmp remained at file size of zero

Any suggestions from the DATAPAGE experts???

Ver 4.0 March 17th
    Win XP

Leave a comment:

• mtalla
    replied

Or a madulation of the @$$e$

Leave a comment:

• Matthew D. Hoedeman
    replied
    I do not need any accolade from this board for my 'super-duper-extra-special-member', just the adulation of the masses.

Leave a comment:

• Schrocknroll
    replied
    Matt,

I noticed you got to 200 posts. What, no "super duper extra special member" status yet?

Leave a comment: