Probe Extension Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probe Extension Help

I'm using a 200mm extension and i want to change to a 100mm ext. Each has it's own autojoint ext/adaptor(useing a PH10MQ HEAD). My ? is, if i change back to the 200mm ext,will it repeat or will i have to qualify everytime i change ext's? I have 50 plastic door panels to layout and my cmm is not tall enough

Fat Freddy,

Any time you physically change a probe extension, styli, etc., you are tightening and loosening threads; therefore you will need to recalibrate.

ZydecoPete
    sigpic

Comment

You have to qualify each extension. Thats how the machine knows were its at. I would think you would have to requalify each time.
      sigpic.....Its called golf because all the other 4 letter words were taken

Comment

If each probe has its' own auto-knuckle joint (PAA) then once you have calibrated the first probe (answer "yes" to the question "Has the qualification sphere moved?"), the next probe to be qualified the answer to that same question will be "no". After both probes have been qualified then there is a relationship between the two, and no further qualification is needed.
        sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

I concure with James, the PAA is the key, if this is how you're set up go for it. I have 2 here, no problems.

TK
          sigpicHave a homebrew

Comment

JAMES
            THANKS ALOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you saved me days of headaches

Comment

Originally posted by JamesMannes View Post
              If each probe has its' own auto-knuckle joint (PAA) then once you have calibrated the first probe (answer "yes" to the question "Has the qualification sphere moved?"), the next probe to be qualified the answer to that same question will be "no". After both probes have been qualified then there is a relationship between the two, and no further qualification is needed.
              I need to clarify a little...
              I should have included the statement that each of these PAA's also needs its' own TP2, TP20, or TP200. Otherwise you are going to be screwing and unscrewing the probe module(TP2/TP20/TP200) and that negates what I said earlier capiche'? comprende? Got it? Good
              sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

I'm doing the same on one of our CMMs and I must qualify each probe change especially for the star probe.
                sigpic

Comment

I use to work at a place where we changed the auto joints, we had like 8 and we calibrated once a week if needed. We had pretty wide tols tho, on some tighter stuff we had in the program a tip cal. So it would come to front we by hand changed the auto joint and it would cal and report it in the program and continue running. So it depends on what your needs are.
                  I talk dirty to my cmm. Justn

Comment

Originally posted by djayne View Post
                    I'm doing the same on one of our CMMs and I must qualify each probe change especially for the star probe.
                    What exactly are you doing?
                    sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

FORD F-150 INSIDE DOOR COVERS. I have 4 ppa and many tp20's . I wrote a program yesterday with both ext(with each it's own ppa and tp20). I qualified everything first, and i got good # even when switching back to original pickup probe. I have a B&S EXCEL 12-30-10 but i'm at the limit with the size of the gage

Comment

Originally posted by JamesMannes View Post
                        What exactly are you doing?
                        I understood this to be talking about placing an extension before the TP20. We work in microns and must recalibrate any time we remove the TP20 and replace it. Just for a probe change by changing modules we do not recal. When we remove the TP20 and rescrew it back into position, it is off just a little and the star probe are not "square" to the CMM.
                        sigpic

Comment

That's what I was hoping you meant. Just checking. Have a good weekend!!
                          sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

thread type for a TesaStar-i probe head

What type of thread is a TesaStar-i probe head

Comment