Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC-DMIS-max line

Hi!

Anyone know how many maximally lines I can entry in program?

Mac

What is a maximally line?

Comment

How possibly long measurement program - how many include lines?

Comment

Don't know, I don't think there is a limit, other than the computer itself. I have had well over 300 features (vector points, edge points, holes, all auto features) and dimensions in a single program and other than the PC slowing down a bit, no problems.
        sigpic
        Originally posted by AndersI
        I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Lines I have no idea. Like Matt said it likely depends on the PC. There is a column limit of 256 charecters which can be a drag for long variables such as big arrays.

Craig
          <internet bumper sticker goes here>

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman View Post
            Don't know, I don't think there is a limit, other than the computer itself. I have had well over 300 features (vector points, edge points, holes, all auto features) and dimensions in a single program and other than the PC slowing down a bit, no problems.
            If your looking for limit to number of auto features, most all of our programs have thousands of auto features. I have yet to see a problem due to the number of them other than when we load a very large one the battery backup for the computer screams from the load it places on it.

Comment

I also have several hundred features per program. Never had a problem.
              PC-DMIS/NC 2010MR3; 15 December 2010; running on 18 machine tools.
              Romer Infinite; PC-DMIS 2010 MR3; 15 December 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by Tested View Post
                If your looking for limit to number of auto features, most all of our programs have thousands of auto features. I have yet to see a problem due to the number of them other than when we load a very large one the battery backup for the computer screams from the load it places on it.
                Huh??? The battery backup has problems with you loading large files?

Comment

Originally posted by Tested View Post
                  I have yet to see a problem due to the number of them other than when we load a very large one the battery backup for the computer screams from the load it places on it.
                  That seems like a rather wierd issue to me too, are you sure that might not just be the sign of a faulty battery backup?
                  Mr. Comment
                  SCIROCCO-NT 13-20-10
                  B3C-LC Controller (Leitz Protocol), SP600M, TP200
                  PCDMIS CAD++ v4.3 MR1(Build: 12/11/08)
                  sigpic

Comment

Battery Backup

Originally posted by MrComment View Post
                    That seems like a rather wierd issue to me too, are you sure that might not just be the sign of a faulty battery backup?
                    I thought the same when it first started happening, and had it changed out for a new larger one. It does better now but still when we load one of the bigger programs it still screams.

Comment

I'm scannin free-form surface with SP25 probe, with step 0.1x0.1 mm. Theoretical I should obtain 1.000.000 points. When pc-dmis create scanning line appear message "Max line attainment". That is to say this message??

Comment