missing menu bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• missing menu bar

Somehow, someway, the menu bar has disappeared from my screen. You know, file, edit, view, etc....How do I get it back? It isn't a "tool bar", so it is not a bar that I can turn on/off. I can't open and close programs without compeltely exiting dmis first without the menu bar, as the file tab is gone. Honestly, I don't even know how it disappeared! I am running version 3.7 if that helps.

I was able to drap that toolbar to be behind my task bar so it was no longer seen. To get it back I had to right click on my task bar, Properties, and unselect "Keep the task bar on top of other windows". I was then able to see my toolbar again to move it back to where it belonged. Not sure if you have the same situation but it is something to look at.

Comment

Nope, still missing. "A" for effort though, thanks.

Comment

Do you have any saved window settings that you can recall to see if that brings the menus back?

Is it possible that you "grabbed" it by accident and it is stuck along the side of your screen somewhere not too obvious?
        Last edited by cmmguy; 01-18-2007, 08:50 AM.
        Links to my utilities for PCDMIS

Comment

Try doing ALT key followed by the letter in the name of the menu to be opened.

This case it's probably ALT - F for file, E for edit and so on...
          PC-DMIS CAD++ 3.7 from 4.2 MR1

Comment

Well if all else fails you could also try renaming the executebarstate.dat and gbarstate.dat files in your PCDMIS user directory. Im pretty sure this will reset your menus to the default state, when PCDMIS recreates these two files. Therefore shut PCDMIS down first, rename the two files and then reopen PCDMIS. This will however remove any custom toolbar settings, but if you renamed the files instead of deleting them you could always change it back if it doesnt work.

The default path for v41 below:
            C:\Program Files\WAI\PC-DMIS V41\<yourusername>
            Mr. Comment
            SCIROCCO-NT 13-20-10
            B3C-LC Controller (Leitz Protocol), SP600M, TP200
            PCDMIS CAD++ v4.3 MR1(Build: 12/11/08)
            sigpic

Comment

Any other toolbars on your screen at this time? I could also hide the menu bar under those. I created a toolbar similar to MS Office and since I had "Always on top" selected I could slide the menu bar under it so it could not be seen.

Comment

Did you try pressing the Esc key, (maybe the problem is similar to electing "Full Screen" in Windows) and requires pressing the "escape" key to return to the regular screen?

Comment

If it somehow got moved out of reach try resetting the resolution on your screen to a higher pixel setting then if you find it you can move it and change the pixel count back.
                  Tolerance challenged ... Living in the world of unseen lines.

This software isn't buggy its an infestation

Comment

any other solutions to finding the menu bar?

Comment

It's possible to drag the menu bar to any part of the screen. It could be in between windows in a vertical position or at any edge of the screen. It was moved from its original position by grabbing the left hand edge and dragged, probably accidentally. My guess is that it's hidden under the title bar at the very top of the screen. Move the mouse pointer around the title bar and click and drag to see if it appears.
                      sigpicDigital 3D photography :cool:
                      PC-DMIS CAD++ v2014 SP1 -- Windows 7 -- Mitutoyo Bright 707 :rolleyes: PC-DMIS Vision 2014.1 -- Optiv Performance 664

Comment